Company Name: HP
Location: Spring, TX (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
The Senior Events Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, and management of high-level, business critical events for HP Inc. This position works closely with numerous internal partners and external agencies to plan and execute domestic and international strategic events.
Candidate must be able to work independently, prioritize assignments, and work under significant pressure. Projects under management are time sensitive, involving frequent concurrent deadlines with dependencies on partner organizations. Therefore, collaboration, attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of HP leadership is critical to keep programs moving effectively and efficiently.
This role requires that the planner has and promotes an eagerness to develop and implement new processes for improving effectiveness and impact in event planning and logistics as well as seeks to push the boundaries on event experiences that amaze our customers, partners, and employees.
Manage all aspects of events including but not limited to: internal consulting, concept proposal development, site selection via RFP process, vendor negotiation, contract administration (including controlling risks associated with attrition and cancellation), hotel management, air/ground travel, total logistics coordination (menus, setup, branding, audio visual), content development, expense monitoring and budgeting, materials across the attendee journey, event systems and tools management, post event financial reconciliation, and cross-departmental team management, graphic design and website development, printing, registration management, coordination of speakers, giveaways, entertainment, activities, and travel staff.
Work with Marketing, Business Units, Communications and Centers of Excellence teams to cultivate events that deliver on the specific events objectives striving to meet or beat metrics of the program.
Create innovative event concepts and unique designs following, adapting and enhancing current and future industry trends. Design minute-by-minute activities of events including VIP and guest movement, food and beverage service, traffic flow, and full run of show. Contract with agencies on event design including all facets of the event experience. Manage run of show creation and execution.
Drive both short- and long-term planning for events, partnering with peer managers to facilitate and ensure best-practice sharing on horizontal projects are aligned.
Experience And Skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to experiential marketing or event management, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as event manager ideally in a corporate setting.
- Demonstrated experience of event management and logistics as it applies to all matters of events from pre-planning to post event evaluation.
- Experience working with outside agencies.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment with ease.
- Perform well under pressure in a highly dynamic, diverse, and rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MSFT Teams, Sharepoint, Smartsheet, CVENT and/or virtual platforms