Company Name: Source EQ
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Global Media Group that specializes in the production of B2B Conferences is searching for an Conference Producer. This role helps to researches, create, and deliver events in the Defense, Security, Energy, Utilities and Pharmaceutical sectors. This role provide relevant Sectors with business-to-business information through the forum of conferences, develop a breadth of understanding within specific industry of strategic and commercial issues through speaking to industry representatives, reading trade journals and press releases and web-based research.
What’s Special About This Job
Best in class company providing an outstanding product and service and the chance to grow the NY based office.
- Research, write produce a minimum of 7-8 business conferences per annum.
- Produce each event to the highest quality possible, curating content for the relevant community, within 30 days, working to the specifications outlined and adhering to the requirements of the production schedule.
- Invite a minimum of 80 potential speakers per event (all invitees must be relevant and have received written details of the conference)
- Ensure data is requested and received from all invited and confirmed speakers and workshop leaders and added to the internal database daily.
- Secure 16 speakers and a chair and be in receipt of their confirmation forms by the end of the 30-day production cycle.
- Ensure deadlines are met and production targets achieved and exceeded.
- Keep the Production Manager fully informed and aware of the progress of each conference and any problems.
- Maximize event profitability (keeping speakers expenses to a minimum)
- Work with Sponsorship and telesales, passing on leads and suggesting potential sponsors and finally following up any leads passed on and researching additional leads.
- Work with Marketing to check all marketing material relevant to your conferences, advising them on how best to attract potential delegates, making suggestions of associations, societies, and journals suitable for external marketing activity. Provide a mid-production marketing brief to add any developments or refinements to the initial research brief.
- Add additional value to the conference program wherever possible.
- Complete all aspects of conference administration (confirmation forms, expense forms, guest place forms and handovers) accurately and on time.
- Ensure the conference information is displayed on the web site and that the material is correct and up to date.
- Ensure replacement speakers are found for existing conference programs and that Marketing, Telesales, Sponsorship, the Conference Executive, Client Services and Website Support are aware of the changes.
- Attend and open conferences, bringing workshops and future events to the attention of speakers and delegates.
- Network with speakers and delegates to get new ideas for conferences, feedback, and secure speakers for future events.
- Previous experience in project managing and running multiple events, in preparation, on-site and logistically.
- Can build strong 2-day agendas reflective of industry-specific requirements and needs.
- Act at the Project Manager for each event, liaising continually with other relevant departments to ensure the smooth running of events, both in preparation on site
- The ability to manage time effectively, often balancing multiple conference responsibilities at one time.
- The ability to assimilate information quickly and effectively.