Company Name: ACL Digital
Location: Foster City, CA
Type: Full Time
At Client, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammation, and respiratory diseases. When you join client, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced Event Planner, Commercial Learning + Development. The CL+D Event Planner will lead the planning and implementation of US Commercial training events (New Hire Training, Leadership Training, Emerging Leader Training, etc) for all therapeutic areas and business units. The position will collaborate with cross functional partners to ensure flawless logistical execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and executes training events and ad hoc training meeting requests
- Partner with stakeholders on training event planning (new hire training, marketing training, leadership training, etc.) to ensure business needs are met. Partners with Learning Operations Manager and vendors to ensure alignment across the event and multiple therapeutic areas
- Execute RFPs, venue sourcing and site selection for best fit locations and evaluate vendor services and venues according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements; communicate and gain buy-in on recommendations.
- Effectively negotiate contracts for hotels, venues and vendors
- Manage all food and beverage for events (hotels, caterers, restaurants, etc.)
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Source and oversee vendors for all production and audio-visual elements appropriate for events
- Develop and manage project timelines and action plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Interface with internal training teams and external vendors to keep projects on track and meet deadlines
- Produce pre-event communications (including websites and onsite materials), and post-event analysis including event analytics, identify gaps and areas of opportunities through debriefs and surveys, and drive recommendations for change to streamline and improve efficiencies
- Prepare post training letters and certificates of completion
- Registration management (invite lists, attendee management, rooming lists, name badges/placecards)
- Manage planning meetings that involve cross-functional teams
- Budget responsibility includes creating accurate budgets, tracking costs, initiating purchase orders, invoice approval, tracking spend against budget, and accountability for accurate cross charge and accruals, as appropriate; final budget reconciliation.
- Vendor management to ensure vendor deliverables and timelines are met
- Evaluate and establish procedures relating to SOP maintenance around key activities for events to improve overall efficiencies, streamline execution and measure effectiveness.
- Mentor colleagues (as needed) on event planning, logistics and project management
- Will also have responsibility for strategic projects that impact the broader team and organization
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive understanding and application of event planning principles, concepts, practices and industry standards
- Demonstrate skills within analytical expertise, influence and initiative:
- Initiative within planning and proactivity – operates outside the scope of expectations and is pro-active in taking on additional cross-functional responsibilities to improve efficiencies within the respective meeting management.
- Strategic thinking – demonstrates strategic orientation by recognizing simpler patterns in complex situations and projecting outcome.
- Pro-actively identifies gaps and increases efficiencies in current standard operating processes.
- Proven ability to influence decisions without authority for business focused outcomes.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to influence objectives.
- Proven Big Picture thinking and decision-making skills
- Execution and problem-solving skills under pressure
- Able to be successful working independently as well as within the context of a team
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Comfortable embracing new technologies and digital tools.
- 6+ Years with BS/BA
- 4+ Years with MS/MA or MBA
- Degree in Event Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management or equivalen
- Significant meeting and event management experience
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Early Technology Adapter and Technology mindset
- Resourceful, self-starter. Ability to work with limited direction in ambiguous situations
- Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and evolving tasks, remaining calm under pressure
- Biotech/pharmaceutical experience
- Ability to travel to Foster City for training events, approximately 25% domestically, CA