Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
The AWS Startup team is seeking an events operations manager to support events that help startup customers connect, and also drive awareness and adoption of AWS.
You will support internal and external customers, working with cross-functional teams from Finance, Legal, and Startup Business Development, to process contracts and payments, to create an outstanding experience. You will build and produce digital event aspects (e.g. registration pages, Salesforce campaigns, post-event surveys) to help drive business goal attainment.
The ideal candidate is passionate about project management and driving efficient processes. A successful operations manager identifies risks ahead of time, escalates when necessary, and drives new thinking to improve processes for existing programs. Your ability to think both critically and creatively is important to performing well in this role. Strong attention to detail and a data-driven mindset is a must. You will work cross-functionally across AWS and need to be able to engage and communicate with stakeholders from business development to finance.
You have a track record of efficiently managing multiple projects simultaneously or executing successful events. You can effectively juggle competing priorities, are hands-on, highly process and data-driven, self-motivated, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates excel at building working relationships and have a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively.
Collecting feedback and reporting on results will be critical to continually raising the bar, exceeding customer expectations, delivering results, and providing guidance and recommendations for future improvement.
- 2-3 years of experience in operations or project management
- Proven track record of operational excellence
- Experience with collecting and reporting results
- Excellent communication skills
- Works autonomously, balance multiple initiatives running in parallel, and proactively solve problems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent additional experience
- Experience using Salesforce or comparable lead/contact management systems
- Experience using Splash or comparable event website/registration platform
- Experience working with startups, developers, and/or founders