Company Name: Staffbase
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the VP, Marketing North America and joining a regional team in a high-growth market, and partnering very closely with the Sr. Events Marketing Manager, the Events Marketing Manager will be responsible for assisting in the creation, execution, and management of owned and third party events.
This role also sits within a larger global marketing organization and in addition to the North American team, will liaise with Sales, Brand, Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, Demand Generation, and Content.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate ownership of both the strategic and execution sides of events, be an operational contributor for all “day-to-day” processes, manage budget details, and support the execution of tactics, activities, and other details. This is an individual contributor role and is an excellent opportunity for an events marketer interested in gaining a lot of exposure in exciting, and high-growth B2B SaaS company.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assisting in the sourcing of strategic in-person events and sponsorships
- Maintaining a competitive events calendar for the industry
- Assisting in vendor communications and negotiations, speaker acquisition and management, and agenda planning
- Identifying appropriate channels for promotion of owned events (e.g. LinkedIn Groups, industry organizations, etc.)
- In partnership with Sr. Events Manager, responsible for the strategy and delivery of major owned annual customer event (500+ attendees)
- Ensures flawless execution, quality of service, and timely delivery of all necessary components, properties, and materials for each event
- Providing onsite support for in-person events, including setup, tear down, etc.
- Contributing to annual budgeting planning, maintaining the budget, procurement, and invoice/expense tracking and reconciliation
- Exploring and proposing new and creative event formats that serve the business
- Maintaining a clear line of communication of events with customer-facing teams prior to, during, and post event to ensure high attendance and timely and effective follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and sharing of industry best practices to bring innovative ideas for digital and in-person events
What You Need To Be Successful
- 6+ years experience in events marketing – preferably within a B2B software company
- Experience leading large-scale events (250+ events, world-class conferences, live and virtual, with a focus on logistics, planning, and execution
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Detail-oriented, and excellence in participating in cross-team program management
- Data-driven approach, an eye for, and an understanding of top-of-funnel metrics
- Proven ability to build relationships with other teams and across all levels
- Desire to learn an industry inside and out and support it with new and creative event formats
- Ability to travel as required
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity