Company Name: Microsoft
Location: Redmond, WA
Type: Full Time
The Events Marketing Manager oversees and orchestrates successful event planning and execution to support Americas region business priorities and connection to Global Demand Center programs. You leverage data to gain insights to maximize business impact of events and drive ongoing portfolio and program optimization. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders across Solution Areas, Segments, and Industry teams while orchestrating event planning and execution in your region. You will grow your skills at connecting marketing and sales while supporting an event marketing approach that feeds into the appropriate marketing signals for sellers. You will also have the opportunity to work on the latest innovations in marketing as part of a global team of world class marketers influencing the next phase of marketing innovations for Microsoft. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 100% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Marketing Planning and Execution
- Develops and implements integrated event marketing plans aligned to targeted business outcomes for a set of business areas. Collaborates with local teams including Integrated Marketing Managers, Go-To-Market Managers, Sales, Communications, Finance, and Business Operations to establish the appropriate marketing plan. Ensures local marketing plan leverages Global Demand Center (GDC) strategy, execution frameworks and marketing technology (MarTech) capabilities to drive business priorities (e.g., customer adds, lead generation) via local marketing engines (e.g., digital, social, email, events). Aligns marketing tactics to marketing objectives (e.g., acquisition, nurture, re-engagement) and relevant metrics. Collaborates with GDC team and area stakeholders to align Marketing plans to GDC strategy, capabilities, and engines.
- Delivers and optimizes event marketing plan based on insights and local market knowledge. Leverages and further interprets reports and analyses of customer metrics for their impact on the local market. Leverages corporate customer targeting, segmentation tools, and various metrics to provide recommendations to continually update and improve customer experiences (e.g., optimize segments, spend, performance, improve digital channels). Aligns digital engine plan with critical company focuses such as privacy, accessibility, and compliance. Lands local events that are aligned to the global-event framework, leveraging appropriate target lists and digital tools.
- Analyzes event marketing performance and marketing spend reports, to identify and share insights that may affect marketing and business planning decision making through a regular rhythm of business (ROB) of reporting and business review meetings. Provides data-driven insights leveraging available Global Demand Center (GDC) tools and dashboards to optimize event marketing strategy and delivery. Takes action based on insights from corporate data, with guidance as needed. Connects data insights with deep knowledge of local market trends. Promotes local adoption and usage of global available tools. Incorporates inclusive marketing and accessibility principles, best practices, and tools in the execution of marketing initiatives. Suggests feedback on GDC analytical tools or dashboards as necessary. Collaborates with the GDC team to create and improve tools if additional needs are uncovered.
- Runs the Rhythm of Connection (RoC) with local stakeholders to ensure alignment and adoption of Global Demand Center (GDC) strategies and messaging. Maintains and reviews marketing-related spend against planned estimates. Assists with any marketing budget or spend management governance. Ensures event delivery is consistent with marketing plan and is progressing appropriately. Executes standardized, scalable, compliant, and efficient event marketing execution by leveraging global capabilities, engines, and tools via MSC (Marketing Service Central) in partnership with Global Demand Center (GDC) stakeholders. Coordinates with an extended network of partners on the influence approach and the transfer of knowledge.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 3+ years integrated marketing (e.g., campaign planning and execution, digital marketing), event management, program management, marketing operations (including campaign reporting and analysis), or related work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 5+ years integrated marketing (e.g., campaign planning and execution, digital marketing), event management, program management, marketing operations (including campaign reporting and analysis), or related work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.