Company Name: Walmart
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Type: Full Time
Walmart Connect is Walmart’s advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Connect Marketing Activation team supports everything from event management to macro storytelling and change management.We are looking for an event marketer with experience supporting the planning, managing, and executing all types of activations – from the first invitation through the delivery of customer care packages and branded items (aka “swag”). You will be part of the team responsible for lead generation, event management and all other external touchpoints, with a focus on generating new business and partnerships while educating the market on Walmart Connect’s value proposition.In this role, you will support the flawless execution for all Walmart Connect events including custom events, industry activations, internal meetings, and webinars. You will partner cross-functionally to ensure all support teams are aligned and in the know on upcoming events. You will help develop and execute timelines and set up meeting to facilitate executive alignment.Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Manages and executes custom events and industry activations/attendance for WMC.
- Supports logistical pre-event planning (including site visits), onsite execution and post event wrap-up to include surveys, debriefs, SOP documentation, budget reconciliation for all industry activations and agency events (roadshow, lunch & learns, etc.).
- Supports the development of timelines and action plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners and ensure all deadlines and business needs are met.
- Executes RFPs, venue sourcing and site selection for best fit locations and evaluate vendor services and venues according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements; communicate and gain buy-in on recommendations.
- Effectively negotiate contracts for hotels, venues, and vendors, including F&B, any/all audio-visual elements appropriate for events.
- Registration/list management (e.g., invite lists, attendee management, rooming lists, name badges in partnership with lead development representatives)
- Spearheads our branded item (“swag”) program.
- Someone who can play at both a strategic and tactical level with deep experience in demand generation and event management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to partner cross-functionally, build and manage relationships across an organization
- A proven problem-solver who can identify the root cause of challenge and proactively work to solve
- Experience in the advertising business
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Must be able to travel (10% of the time)
- 5-7 years’ experience in event management and leadership
- Managed or led an events team for a B2B or advertising related business
- Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 1 year’s experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years’ experience in marketing or related field