Company Name: VMware
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Type: Full Time
Working for the VMware Global Events team, and working with the brand, field, customer marketing, partner marketing, comms, product teams and our c-suite executives, you will use your creative and organizational super powers to create and implement a variety of hospitality programs and activations related to VMware’s sports marketing partnerships. You will enable various opportunities to engage with executives from current and target customers of some of the world’s most respected brands to build relationships and create sales opportunities. Leveraging our key partners from VMware’s broad ecosystem, you will develop creative sponsorship packages and joint marketing opportunities to maximize investments and create more compelling experiences for our customers. You need look no further to fulfill your dream of creating exceptional experiences in the exciting world of sports marketing.
As this is a new venture for the company, you’ll spend your first few months at a fast clip as you:
- Absorb the full details of these partnerships and absorbing the associated program elements and opportunities
- Build relationships with the host sponsor, related agencies, and various VMware teams to maximize our opportunities associated with these sponsorships
- Develop joint marketing and participation opportunities to engage VMware partners to participate with us in these experiences
- Maximize opportunities to leverage connections and contacts of host sponsor and other VMware ecosystem partner that generate maximum value to VMware
- Working with a variety of VMware stakeholders, ideate and implement creative, memorable experiences directed related to or surround and complement various sports marketing relationships or other types of events (executive summits, customer briefings, etc.) that leverage the value of the partnership
- Partner with appropriate VMware teams and stakeholders to drive compelling and effective marketing and audience acquisition assets, develop compelling stories about related VMware technology solutions, drive co-sponsorship opportunities with partners, drive external/internal promotion and comms, and attract and fully engage target customers and other attendees – and of course, execute an effective communications strategy to keep all stakeholders and relevant parties in the know
- Project manage the entire program like the conductor of the orchestra, ensuring full stakeholder engagement and flawless execution of all program deliverables and activations that take place at multiple points throughout any given year
What type of work will you be doing?
We want you to bring your personal experiences and skills and operate in a way that suits your own style as you get this job done, but you can expect a variety of the following types of activities:
- Timeline development and deliverables management (that come from a variety of stakeholders)
- Tracking and management of all contract commitments and inclusions
- Hosting or engaging in calls, meetings and written communications with stakeholders, agencies, participants and more throughout the program planning and execution
- Sourcing and securing hospitality event locations, and creating various events at these and host sponsor venues
- Develop and maintain shared repositories for all related assets
- Engage with various stakeholders to create and oversee the creation of all related assets and program plans/best practices
- Respond with effective and timely problem solving and crisis management skills, where needed.
- Lather. Rinse. Repeat. – as these programs have several major activations and event programs throughout the year.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.