Company Name: Walmart Luminate
Location: Bentonville, AR
Type: Full Time
Walmart Data Ventures is looking for an adroit marketer with experience planning, managing, and executing all types of event activations and tactics. As part of our product marketing team, you’ll work closely with designers, copywriters, marketers, and other strategists. You will be responsible for event management-from coordinating presentation prep, to on-site details, to billing-with a focus on generating new business and partnerships while educating the market on Data Ventures value proposition.
In this role, you will own the execution and logistics for all Data Ventures events including custom events and conference participation for all of our cohorts. You will partner with our business development and corporate communications teams to develop event strategies, email communications and content that aligns to the overall Data Ventures market positioning, as well as ensuring all executive stakeholders are aligned and aware of all major plans.If you possess the key mix of detail-driven thinking, creative acumen, and project management skills, we’d love to talk to you!
- Manages and executes custom events and industry activations/attendance for Walmart Data Ventures, including external (customer and prospect events) as well as internal team events.
- Develops new digital events strategy (webinar series) and manages all production.
- Partner with stakeholders on all event planning to ensure business needs are met.
- Lead logistical pre-event planning, know before you go meetings, onsite execution, and post event wrap-up to include surveys, debriefs, and budget reconciliation. Continue to learn and serve up recommendations that will improve our overall efficiency.
- Manages Data Ventures’ swag inventory.
- Leads venue sourcing and site selection for best fit locations and evaluate vendor services and venues according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements; communicate and gain buy-in on recommendations.
- Effectively negotiates contracts for hotels, venues and vendors, including F&B, any/all audio-visual elements appropriate for events.
- Develops and manages project timelines and action plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Owns registration/list management (e.g., invite lists, attendee management, rooming lists, name badges in partnership with lead development representatives).
- Is able to travel (up to 20%).
You will sweep us off our feet if you…
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field OR 5 years years’ experience in marketing or related field.
- Experience in B2B marketing and/or retail.
- Experience in B2B demand generation and large-scale B2B event management.
- Have experience developing large-scale B2B hybrid or digital events, in addition to physical events.
- Possess strong creative skill set and experience building out spaces and experiences.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, with an ability to partner cross-functionally, build and manage relationships across an organization.
- Proven problem-solver who can identify the root cause of challenge and proactively work to solve.
- 5+ years’ experience in large-scale B2B event management
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 3 years’ experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years’ experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Brand Management, Contract Management, Marketing, Responsible for third party vendor relationships, Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.