Company Name: Data Axle
Location: United, PA
Type: Full Time
As the company’s new Event Marketing Manager, you will own the company’s overall event strategy and be seen as an internal expert on understanding events that drive the best awareness while delivering the highest revenue. You will be responsible for researching and defining a comprehensive events strategy that speaks to the company’s different target audiences – the enterprise and non-profit. The role is also responsible for all components of planning and coordinating of external events spanning sponsoring tradeshows and conferences to client summits, launch events, customer advisory boards, and more. This position is part of Data Axle’s Marketing organization and will work closely with the Executive Team and Business Unit Managers to manage events from inception to execution. You will also develop the strategies for pre, during and post show and track performance.
- Develop a comprehensive events strategy for tradeshows and conferences, owning the budget and determining which events to invest in that will drive lead generation and brand building.
- Conduct comprehensive research to determine the appropriate events to sponsor and attend, based on Data Axle’s ideal customer profiles, and develop detailed internal and external event schedule/calendar for each month/quarter/year, complete with important milestones and deliverables.
- Oversee and support internal client events such as client summits, client advisory boards, client retreats, working closely with the head of sales.
- Own end-to-end event execution through project management, including event planning, logistics, activities, content, sponsorship tiers, speaking opportunities, and more.
- Establish and promote strong working relationships with event vendors, suppliers, hosts, etc. to ensure that Company needs are understood and met.
- Own the events budget including RFPs, cost estimates, negotiating rates, cost saving opportunities, etc.
- Coordinate and prepare event collateral including signage, and work across the marketing department to ensure all deliverables are completed in a timely fashion.
- Oversee an internal events manager who is responsible for executing on all local, corporate specific events from parties to small working groups
- Create a comprehensive, cross-channel pre-event outreach communications plan to drive attendance, increase engagement, and promote lead generation (where applicable)
- Develop post-event follow-up tactics and track leads to measure performance based on opportunities created.
- Support additional integrated marketing efforts, project manage campaigns to ensure projects are executed on time and on budget.
- Perform detailed post-event analysis and reporting that will be reviewed by head of marketing and sales to inform future event decisions.
- A minimum of 4 – 7 years of experience in event strategy and management
- Proven track record of running successful events, including understanding and choosing the right sponsorships with supporting metrics
- Willingness to travel to set up and run events on-site
- Experience with Account Based Marketing (ABM) strategy is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Experience negotiating pricing with vendors including food and supplies, venue locations, and transportation
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with business unit partners, identify their needs and provide clear, well-written updates
- Event management skills, including the ability to manage multiple events and meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to coordinate projects with various vendors, suppliers, hotels, and facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field