Company Name: Blueboard
Location: United States (Remote)
Blueboard is looking for a full-time Events Marketing Manager to own our end-to-end event management across live and virtual marketing events from first promotion, planning & budgeting, logistics, all the way to post-event and post-mortem reporting. This person will be the driver when it comes to events – but we have a strong, collaborative team that will support them in many ways. We win together.
We expect this person to bring a curious and creative mindset into our marketing team spaces and to be engaged with our brand storytelling, key metrics, and driving our major campaigns forward by leveraging their core demand channels—live and virtual events. We also expect this person to nerd out on events coming together smoothly, driving event success, and providing a warm introduction to Blueboard for prospects through our curated presence.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working in a startup or a similar fast-paced environment. We have to be agile and chase opportunities that can benefit us, while also driving a clear vision for how we approach events.
- Have sharp attention to detail and will be able to triage and prioritize when there’s a variety of balls in the air. With events, everything happens all at once so you have to be proactive in planning your attack so nothing gets missed.
- Be excited about our brand and the opportunity to be a brand ambassador at events. You may be the first interaction someone has with our brand so you need to stay tuned into our story and how we communicate about our offerings.
- Be excited to wear an investigative hat. You will be our pulse on how competitors are driving their event strategy, our guide in ideating on how we can level up our presence at events, and our liaison with building relationships with potential partners.
- Be excited about the whole strategy of an event. From how we promote to tracking the success of these events, we want someone dialed into the data and hungry for intel we can use to improve.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own our internal events calendar and partner with the Director of Demand Gen to keep a buttoned-up budget. Constantly be evaluating new partners, events, and opportunities so we stay plugged into relevant spaces.
- Manage our cadence of event promotions by partnering with people on the team that manage social media, paid advertising, and other emails to ensure that everything fits together.
- Craft and schedule promotional emails, landing pages, and post-event emails to drive attendance and engagement around events. You will partner with design to deliver your vision on these assets and be confident in creating copy to talk about events.
- Confidently run with day-to-day project management of event execution. Keep clear documentation that keeps the rest of the team accountable to the deadlines they need to hit for you to deliver on your goals.
- Engage directly with our prospects and customers to bring them into events and amplify their voices in how we show up.
- Support on-site event conversations and opportunities for attendees to get more information/book a sales meeting.
Your skills and qualifications include:
- Applicants will ideally bring a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Highly organized and able to triage tasks to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Able to be a tenacious advocate for us getting the best package, deal, placement, etc. when negotiating events and sponsorships and relentlessly get our value out of our investment in events pressing our partners to fulfill their part of our contracts.
- Have managed an event budget and are mindful of managing spend to a budget.
- Have worked within a marketing automation platform to send emails and track event success.
- Meticulous about the small details and has a hospitality mindset to approach our events.
- Clear and precise communication—able to clearly define tasks for supporting team members, and comfortable championing those tasks to completion.