Company Name: Avaya
Location: Durham, NC
Type: Full Time
Avaya is looking for a passionate Events Marketing Manager. This position will be responsible for developing objectives and programs for Avaya-led and industry-led events to deliver overall awareness, maximize sales leads, and showcase Avaya solutions and thought leadership. Ideal candidate would be a strong and effective ambassador of events, creating impactful experiences for Avaya’s clients and employees. Strive for continuous improvement of events by proposing new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
About The Responsibilities
- Strategically plan, manage, and execute events in support of marketing and enablement’s business goals and priorities, while aligning events with corporate branding and supporting sales efforts through customer interaction and lead generation.
- Provide event management and administration for events, including: end to end project management, site selection for hotels and event venues, hotel negotiations, hotel management, vendor selection and vendor management, travel arrangements, to include air and ground transportation, production of the events run of show.
- Work closely with all external vendors associated with tradeshow and event production to provide guidance, monitor performance, recommend improvements, and manage spending against budget.
- Manage event auxiliary functions, such as booth locations and sponsorships, room blocks and reservations, associated hospitality events, and post-event recommendations and reporting.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute virtual events with live streaming, semi-live, and pre-recorded content and associated reporting and success metrics. Stay current on virtual event platforms, technologies, benchmarking, and relevant industry standards.
- Drive speaker education on virtual platform and tools and event logistics; collect and manage speaker content.
- Develop comprehensive event plans to document every facet of event participation, including sponsorships, speaking, exhibiting, meeting management, lead and demand generation, communications, thought leadership activities, and brand awareness. Communicate all aspects of the event plan horizontally (with peers) and vertically (with executives).
- Perform marketing activities required to promote the event through communications campaign execution, collateral creation, and event content production.
- Budget management – manage all assigned events within established budget and spending guidelines.
- Track and report relevant KPIs related to each event, including a pre-event plan and a post-event wrap-up report.
About The Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience planning high touch, highly visible events for both internal and external audiences for a variety of event types both virtually and in-person (tradeshows, conferences, roadshows, receptions, product launches, etc.), event marketing and communications, content management and vendor/service provider coordination.
- Minimum 3 years of experience coordinating all aspects of participating in, and hosting, tradeshow exhibits and sponsorships. Specific aptitude in expo booth design and execution including structural components, utility/exhibit services, branding/graphics, instillation/dismantle, vendor scheduling, event staffing, and digital content assets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suites including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with SFDC is a plus; experience with Adobe suite is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly confidential, fast paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Overnight travel required – approximately 30%
- Skills and Qualifications:
- Flexible with change and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to address issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong customer service focus
- Strong cross-organizational collaboration
- Astute attention to detail
- Creative in problem solving
- Strong organizational skills
- Effectively multi-task projects and competing priorities
- Efficient in collaborative team environments and self-driven when working independently
- Ability to think outside the box with innovative solutions
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
- 5 – 8 Years of Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience