Company Name: Facebook
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Type: Full Time
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The role of the AR/VR Events Marketing Manager is to and execute a strategic plan for Facebook AR/VR’s on the ground presence globally and consistently deliver targeted, measurable impact against business goals with panache and polish. This creative thinker will deliver experiences that break though the noise and showcase our brand, innovative products and their ability to connect people in meaningful ways. It doesn’t get much better than this gig!
With a cross-functional team, you will conceptualize, plan and produce mid- and large-scale, on the ground brand and product experiences at a variety of industry, consumer and proprietary events. As a specialist within the Experience Marketing Team, you will lead long range planning, identify requirements, select and manage partners, vendors, contractors and other resources to achieve business objectives while delivering on budget every time.
The job requires excellent communication skills, an understanding of the event planning process, production time lines and requirements, and a passion for managing and communicating event data and details in a variety of formats. The role requires superior multi-tasking and problem-solving skills, familiarity with computer hardware and software and expert negotiations skills.
You are a strong leader, both strategic and tactical, with the ability to give clear direction, take frank feedback and enjoy the rapid pace of the event production business. You are comfortable with the unknown, showcase tenacity at every turn and be able to rally the troops to ensure cross-functional collaboration.
You will be required to communicate effectively across departments including Developer Relations, Engineering, Creative Services, Product, Executive and Administrative teams. It is critical that you create strong partnerships with Product Marketing Managers and Marketing leadership in addition to those cross-functional partners, to strategize and collaborate together effectively.
You will own quality assurance for event elements and event outcomes. Specifically, you will lead the creation and documentation of event requirements, event plans, timelines, requests for proposal (RFP), vendor and resource identification, contract negotiation, meeting and event program creation, project management and timeline tracking.
A successful candidate will come to the table with ideas and experience in crafting procedures and processes that will allow the larger department and organization to create efficiencies, ease of execution, documentation and reporting of event history and outcomes. You should enjoy a fast-paced, constantly evolving workplace, be comfortable with change with an ability to think on the fly and pivot, reevaluating and tweaking plans based on new information and circumstances. Teamwork is paramount, collaboration is the order of the day and a sense of humor is required.
Events and executions focus around gaming, film and entertainment so enthusiasm for and expertise in gaming, music, film and digital entertainment is important.
- Serve as the single threaded owner for all tentpole and launch events, strategic cultural events, conferences, meetings, trade-shows, networking receptions and other corporate event activations.
- Own strategy and budget for annualized schedule of events and deliver against key performance indicators with measurable results.
- Perform needs assessments and draft event requirements, goals, objectives, outcomes and KPIs for each event and activation.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings up to and including C-Level executives to determine stakeholder needs and level of engagement with strong executive presence.
- Supervise events coordinator in the creation of event production timelines, communications schedules, and project plan creation, tracking and reporting and event registration and housing solutions.
- Mentor and guide team members in event production roles.
- Create requests for proposals (RFP) and own sourcing process according to project requirements for hotels and accommodations, event venues, trade show and exhibit space, food and beverage, audio-visual and technology production, ground transportation, destination services, registration services, event apps and enhancements.
- Manage asset trafficking and storage for all events and executions, working closely with vendors and Creative Services to ensure use of up to date images, logos, copy and legal waiver language.
- Lead cross-functional teams of employees, vendors, partners and contingent workers in event project management. Schedule deliverables, monitor progress of vendors and projects and report to managers. Manage event production onsite.
- Plan, manage and facilitate weekly project calls, vendor calls and other project check-ins. Support Manager’s weekly status calls and facilitate in manager’s absence.
- Collaborate on the management of the marketing and events budget. Lead events purchasing for assigned projects. Support FB finance procedures and partner with events finance team and events coordinator in the on-boarding of vendors and purchasing approvals.
- This job includes frequent travel to execute events at major global trade shows, festivals and proprietary events.
- 10+ years marketing project management experience.
- 5+ years managing B2B and B2C marketing programs and event activations.
- Communication experience.
- Experience in fostering cross-functional working relationships in an organization.
- Computer software experience, including MS Office and Keynote.
- Computer hardware knowledge. Knowledge of mobile computing hardware such as tablets, phablets, mobile phones as relates to event technology and check-in.
- Knowledge of third party web and enterprise applications for registration, housing management, email communications and invitations, event guide apps, payment processing and travel management.
- Knowledge of PCI compliance as related to event payment transactions.
- A proven track record of supporting marketing-focused events such as trade shows, conferences, meetings and events.
- Experience in VR.
- Familiarity with gaming or digital entertainment.
- Knowledge of and passion for virtual reality, augmented reality and innovative tech.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.