Company Name: Amazon
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
In this role, you will manage in-person and virtual events budgets and timelines, and oversee a variety of vendor and venue partners to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality experience. You will manage and drive multiple workstreams including content programming, event presenters and talent, event logistics, and creative and tech teams. This candidate must understand how to execute effectively and flexibly, and be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take action without having to know the complete picture.
The right candidate also has strong writing, communication and project management skills, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment. If you’re looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, this is a great fit for you.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Manage event projects, budgets, and timelines
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders including leadership
- Think strategically, but stay on top of tactical details
- Oversee external vendor and venue relationships
- Deliver frequent presentation to leadership including new proposals, program reviews, post-event evaluations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in event management and event marketing
- Experience in B2B technology marketing
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- A willingness to travel (as needed)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.