Company Name: HIMSS
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for the strategic growth and product development strategy for the HIMSS Global Conference & Exhibition, including the development and execution of marketing plans andsales promotion strategies to help drive revenue and maintain audience engagement throughout the year. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of product, market, channel, target and promotional strategies; the development and implementation of programs and materials that promote sales development of Global Conference (GC) event sponsorships and activities; and the measurement of these activities to determine success and future programs. This position is also responsible for brand strategy and governance to ensure HIMSS brand message and tone are consistent across all channels.
- In concert with Sales and Event teams, drive the development and execution of strategic growth for the HIMSS Global Conference.
- Partner with sales to develop and implement strategic sales marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for sponsorship sales.
- Oversee and direct staff in the creation and execution of marketing plans to drive event attendance, sponsorships, product sales and brand initiatives. Practice and instill in staff a culture of partnership and openness with HIMSS staff, members and external partners.
- Plan and oversee the development of marketing and sales promotion materials including brochures, digital and print ads, prospectuses, presentations, sales kits, ePushes, etc.
- Build consensus among business owners, outside collaborators, and other team stakeholders on GC branding, marketing approach, timing and budget.
- Maintain the HIMSS brand identity by partnering with the Writing & Content teams to ensure it is consistent across the enterprise, in compliance and evolves as the health information and technology market evolves.
- Identify, select and manage relationships with external firms and suppliers to support outsourced marketing projects including but not limited to development and execution of marketing plans, brand assessment and market research. Direct internal and external marketing resources for creative input, graphic design, content creation, and other activities as needed.
- Maintain sound internal control over financial reporting for the areas under your management.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department.
What You Will Need To Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing; an MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years’ overall experience in marketing with at least 3 years in direct supervision of a diverse marketing team.
- Extensive knowledge in creating traditional and e-marketing campaigns, sales campaigns, marketing plans and strategies, and market research, including plan development, brand development and management, and list development.
- Demonstrated financial management skills to create and manage budgets, and to achieve financial expectations.
- Customer-focused with assertive, self-confident personality.
- Experience navigating a lean and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Effective listener. Ability to articulate and to sell ideas and concepts.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Strong personal integrity.
- A collaborative spirit and winning attitude, with experience in team concept development.
- Superior planning skills, both strategic and tactical.
- Demonstrable computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous experience in a professional society, trade association or healthcare management a plus.
Why We Love HIMSS, And Why You Will, Too
- Diverse, collaborative and winning team environment.
- Flexible working arrangements, opportunity to work 100% remote.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage.
- Generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer!
- Wellbeing programs to support all of your emotional, physical and financial needs
- Emphasis on continuous learning and development.