Company Name: Mizuho
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
Mizuho Americas is looking for an Events Manager with a talent for making our events and sponsorships ever more exciting and unique. Whether we are hosting our own event/conference, or branding our presence at industry conferences, we want clients and employees to feel as though we created a unique and meaningful experience for them.
You will join our team reporting to the Director, Sponsorship & Events and will work collaboratively across the marketing department to coordinate all event details – invitation process, program/agenda, event logistics, virtual livestreams, promotional items, and communications – to drive awareness and attendance. Working closely with business leaders throughout the firm, you will bring creative ideas and solutions to help them meet their event-related business goals. This position will require a close partnership with Corporate Access, coordinating and executing a seamless client experience when bringing our institutional investors and corporate clients together.
This role requires deep experience with venue site evaluation and selection, hotel room blocks, contract negotiations, speaker selection, budgeting, client management, strategic event planning, event execution, and conference production and management. You will be responsible for managing both small and large-scale events, including town halls, employee resource group programs, client dinners, receptions, golf outings, seminars, sector-specific conference, panel sessions, industry sponsorships, as well as support for other internal events that promote employee engagement.
- Plan, develop, and execute events and conferences across the Americas’ region.
- Work with business leaders to help identify marketing/conference opportunities that are aligned with their goals.
- Work with our Equity Division Corporate Access team on branding, coordination and execution of conferences and marketing events.
- Understand the objectives of various front-office businesses — investment banking, corporate finance, capital markets and securities — in order to strategically advise and support their needs.
- Coordinate end-to-end conference and event logistics — site evaluation, venue selection, contract negotiation, budget approvals, hotel room blocks, invite process, attendee registration, promotional items/giveaways, booth setup, signage, shipping details, marketing materials, speaker arrangements, presentations, and on-site management and execution.
- Manage event calendar, budget and reporting
- Liaise with all relevant departments, including marketing/communications, front-office businesses, recruiting/HR, facilities and other stakeholders
- Communicate with business partners to ensure sufficient lead times around each event
- Actively manage conference coordinators, vendors, consultants and other providers
- Provide detailed post-event reports by conducting surveys, gathering stakeholder feedback and creating action plans around improvement following all activations
- Pre-production event management including coordinating speaker details, session flow, presentations, prep calls, and more
- Advise businesses/stakeholders on recommended sponsorships, speaking opportunities and conference participation.
- Source and arrange meetings with potential speakers, thought leaders, facilitators and any other talent required to ensure a successful event and manage all communications/production details with talent or representatives throughout the process
- Meticulous attention-to-detail and highly organized
- Understanding of marketing strategy and planning with the ability to identify the right fit for partnerships and sponsorships
- Advanced knowledge of meeting and conference practices
- Proven ability to plan manage and execute multiple events simultaneously
- Considerable knowledge of speaker selection and contract negotiation
- Adept project manager; impeccable time management and prioritization skills
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional professionalism and confidence demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to effectively engage with senior leadership and navigate a matrixed environment.
- Team player with collegial style; high energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint), event planning/management, registration, and survey tools
- Willing to support global requirements as schedule requires
- Willing to travel 15 – 20% for on-site event support
- Minimum of 5 years of events/sponsorships management experience within the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
Mizuho has in place a remote working program, with varying opportunities for remote work depending on the nature of the role, needs of your department, as well as local laws and regulatory obligations.
The expected base salary ranges from $90,000 -$125,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications and licenses obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
We are an EEO/AA Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.