Company Name: Veeam Software
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Type: Full Time
As an Event Manager on the Global Events team, you will architect and execute events that delight our customers, partners, prospects and influencers with a focus on our flagship user conference VeeamON. You will strategically plan, manage, and execute memorable and engaging experiences for Veeam branded events.You will provide deep insight into best practices for structuring and delivering high performing events. This role involves creating event programs and managing the whole process from planning, execution, follow up and data analysis. The role is also responsible for completing each project leveraging data to improve programs and empower sales opportunities.The ideal candidate will be a strategic, analytical, and an enthusiastic self-starter with a proven background in hybrid events.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Experiential Marketing, you will strategize, manage, execute, and collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to design events that generate pipeline and build brand awareness and loyalty with audiences.
You will bring creative and out-of-the box thinking with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, global environment. The expectation is for you to not only come in and run with what’s existing, but level up what we are already doing. The person who fills this role needs to understand our highly technical audience, what interests them, and meet them where they are at whether it be in-person, virtual or hybrid.
- Working with our global events team own the end-to-end planning and management of Veeam proprietary events ranging from small-scale to large-scale hybrid offerings ranging from 100 to 15,000 attendees.
- Spearhead Veeam’s hybrid flagship user conference, VeeamON, with an emphasis on creating unique and memorable experiences that will create brand awareness, build community and generate demand.
- Come up with creative and fresh ideas on how to elevate the Veeam brand and make our events stand out.
- Ability to understand the market, develop unique insights, and translate them into detailed and concrete activation strategies partnering with our demand generation team.
- Manage vendor relationships with contacts from external agencies, program venues and event and destination management companies.
- Innovate to get the most out of our event technology platforms, raise standards of excellence for our event execution in live and virtual spaces, and share best practices and new approaches across the team.
- Program planning activities to include pre-event preparation, logistics management, vendor coordination, travel planning, registration and attendee management, processing invoices and contracts, travel and hotel management, F&B, AV/production, and more.
- Obsess over data and what the results of these initiatives are. Let that drive what future plans are made.
- Evaluate event performance, including post event analysis, de-briefs and wrap-up reports.
- Partner cross-functionally and with our agency to ensure cohesive and consistent brand experience through all aspects of event delivery (environment, interaction, content, pre and post event promotion).
- Work as ‘one’ global marketing team and lead and influence cross-functional teams from Demand Generation, Product Marketing and Strategy, Sales, Creative Services, Partner and Channel teams, and more to build high performing events.
- Effectively manages associated budgets and makes budget recommendations, as needed. Manage all expenses to budget, including detailed tracking and reporting of costs through Veeam’s finance system.
Academic Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Communications, Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism or Marketing. (A combination of education and experience will be considered.) Ideal Experience and Expectations:
- 5+ years of experience in events preferably on a scale global scale and within the technology industry.
- Must have demonstrated experience to produce both hybrid and in-person events ranging from micro events at 100 to larger-scale hybrid user conferences with more than 10,000+ attendees.
- Must be able to deliver events fluidly between in-person, hybrid, and virtual environments.
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and both curious, creative and data driven with the ability to tell powerful stories through reporting and data analysis.
- Must be a team player, one who enjoys healthy debate around ideas, someone who drives towards team goals and whose second nature is to lead with trust and empathy.
- Can demonstrate, hands-on, experience working with event platforms such as Bizzabo, Hopin, CVENT, ON24, or Rainfocus.
- Additional or preferred qualifications- CMP, CMM, DES certified a plus.
- Must have the ability to travel, internationally and domestically, up to 30% of the time.
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills with a commitment to being highly organized and determined to meet deadlines.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate concepts and details across internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Must be especially proficient in PowerPoint and Excel. Experience working with project management software such as Asana or Smartsheet.
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. All your information will be kept confidential.