Company Name: Forcepoint
Location: Austin, TX (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
Forcepoint is looking for an Events Manager who desires a career path with a purpose. We recruit only the smartest, most highly motivated people who can accept the challenge of working for a global leader in cybersecurity.
A successful Events Manager at Forcepoint is obsessed with detail while still able to manage and deliver to the big picture to advance the company’s brand awareness and transformative leadership role in the security industry. They also have the ability to translate creative themes that make events fun and exciting into business relevant experiences for global audiences.
The Events Manager is a citizen of the world with a cultural curiosity and global mindset that can bring to life events that deliver an enriching experience for attendees no matter what country or continent they reside. And they recognize every event is an opportunity to make a true brand impact and appreciate internal and external events in all their forms whether large or small or virtual or physical.
An integral member of the Corporate Marketing team, the Events Manager works cross functionally to support the company’s most strategic corporate and demand generation events. The Events Manager should have experience creating, not only the events experience, but ongoing engagement post event, such as leveraging event content for additional on-demand availability, webinars, blogs and other post event activities. They are also responsible for setting and meeting objectives, tactical execution, budget tracking, lead generation, onsite management, results measurement, and post event analysis for physical and virtual events.
- Manage and execute internal and external conferences to include registration, housing, agenda, budget, meeting space allocation, audio-visual, special events, premiums, transportation and more. Experience managing large conferences and executive attendees is preferred
- Manage and execute virtual conferences, including working within digital event platforms, tracking deliverables, content management and working with production teams to deliver high quality guest experiences.
- Develop event plan overviews, complete with themes, messages, and tactics for each show/event including booth design, layout, graphics and other event deliverables for physical and virtual events
- Communicate and coordinate across departments and meeting marketing objectives
- Independently manage installations of tradeshows. Experience with shipping and large scale shipments preferred
- Maintain and manage registration/hotel/air process with meticulous detail
- Complete show service orders and purchase requisitions, contracts, track event budgets and complete successful events within budget and within process
- Coordinate logistics with vendors such as exhibit houses, show management firms, show service vendors, hotels and specialty vendors
- Prepare cost event reports, surveys and metrics
- Handle food and beverage planning for large scale conferences
- Participate in site selection and site survey analysis
- Manage budget functions, such as opening purchase orders, tracking invoices and ensuring vendor payment
- Travel approximately 30% of time to event locations
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in B2B event planning working within a corporate environment
- Tradeshow experience and background with corporate contracts and procurement process is required
- Strong understanding of project management and timelines
- Virtual events experience and experience working within digital platforms preferred
- Understanding of a “digital journey” and virtual attendee experiences
- Keen attention to detail and proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Willing to do “whatever it takes” in the interest of a world class customer event experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; impeccable interpersonal skills.
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office applications – PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Ability to deal with last-minute changes and deadlines while showing grace under pressure