Company Name: Rapid7
Location: Boston, MA (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
We are a dynamic, creative and impactful team of 4. No task is too small or challenge too big for us. We thrive on being a partner to the business by planning company wide, executive, field, and large trade show events. Our goal is to create outstanding face-to-face experiences that consistently represent the Rapid7 brand globally and drive impact for the business. The Events Manager will manage the successful planning and execution of over 100 annual events with the greater team including Corporate trade shows, Field, Customer, CISO, and Rapid7-sponsored events.
In This Role, You Will
- Event Management (Field and Rapid7 Sponsored Events) – Recruit, organize, and motivate cross-functional teams to develop event-specific messaging, staffing, content, and related activities. Create and manage event project plans, and ensure assigned work is delivered on time.
- Event Management (Large Corporate Events) – With the events team’s support, oversee and provide guidance on logistics associated with major corporate events, including trade show booth design; giveaways; venues & entertainment for offsite events; creative deliverables; content and messaging; promotional plans; and post-event follow up plans. Manage spend to approved event budgets.
- Excel expertise / Budget Tracking – The ideal candidate needs to be an Excel/Google Sheets expert, with experience tracking multiple detailed budgets. He/she can create pivot tables to accurately analyze event spend and activity. Ownership and management of the overall event marketing budget as well as corporate event budgets as necessary.
- Vendor Payment and Contract Management – Act as the main point of contact between Event Marketing, Legal, and Finance through the negotiation of new vendor contracts and the creation of associated purchase orders, invoice processing, and expense reports.
- Event ROI Analysis – Working cross-departmentally with Marketing Operations, this role includes tracking and analyzing the effectiveness of our events and providing perspective on future investments: What was the impact of our events on revenue and pipeline? Was the event worth the Investment? These decisions are made within the entire growth marketing team to determine what will yield the best results.
- Campaign Support – Work with DemandGen/ Growth Marketing team to identify the promotional plans and create campaigns for Rapid7 Sponsored events.
- Giveaway Inventory Management – Track and reorder branded swag as needed, brainstorm ideas for new and innovative swag that supports our brand within budget. Manage vendor contracts and as well as negotiate renewals and new vendor contracts.
The Skills You’ll Bring Include
- 7+ years of experience in event role planning complex events, trade shows, and conferences, preferably in a B2B software company
- Highly detailed oriented and organized with a deep passion for creating great experiences
- Establishes productive working relationships across all levels within the organization
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who can anticipate problems
- Creative thinker who isn’t afraid to take calculated risks
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage by influence
- Team player – willing to roll up your sleeves, and pick up the shovel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.