Company Name: Ellucian
Location: Reston, VA
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Global Events and working closely with the Global Campaigns team, this candidate will be an experienced event professional responsible for driving Ellucian’s event portfolio, supporting strategic in-person event planning and execution.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative trailblazer to join Ellucian’s Marketing Team to support the growth of a leading, higher education-focused technology company. If you have a passion for events and marketing, the talent to do world-class work, and the energy to be part of a fast-moving team and you are motivated, thoughtful, strategic, and results-oriented, we would love to talk with you.
The event manager will assist in executing event strategy to compliment other sales tactics and accelerate business growth. This person will leverage an expertise in program and project management, a familiarity with event execution, superior problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and a passion for excellence. The candidate should be extremely detail oriented and have hands-on experience in planning, producing, and promoting both virtual and in-person events.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Execute thoughtful event strategies to be implemented across the organization
- Develop and document best practices for planning and executing events
- Project manage each event from inception to completion
- Partner with digital operations and campaigns teams to define metrics, developing registration and reporting that gathers metrics from conception to reconciliation
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in event program & project management
- Experience working cross functionally with both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience working with Event Management platforms and technologies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a range of stakeholders across multiple internal groups
- Knowledge & understanding of event operational requirements and strategies with ability to prioritize deliverables & event plans around those needs.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of event management tools and solutions
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, Smartsheet, On24 is preferred
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan – to help you save for the futur
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities