Company Name: Eclaro
Location: Washington, DC
- A seasoned Event Manager to support the planning and execution of our first annual convening of the client’s Benefits Network.
- Will be responsible for managing all aspects of planning and execution, ensuring the success of the event.
- Work Interactions: Will work very closely with the Benefits team led by Center Fellow with Community Manager and Researcher. Student Analysts as well as advisors who support the communities of practice. This position will be managed by client’s Center Deputy Director of Programs and day-to-day work will be supervised by Community Manager. The team includes client
- Distributed Working Environment: The client’s Center operates as a distributed team. A distributed team means there will be heavy reliance on asynchronous communication channels such as Slack, Asana, and Gmail while also having many meetings fully virtual or hybrid to include remote employees, using Zoom.
- Develop a detailed event planning timeline and run-of-show, working with client’s team
- Track progress against timeline and adjust as necessary
- Select vendors and suppliers, secure contracts, and ensure delivery of services
- Coordinate logistics for the event, including attendee management, travel and accommodation, budget reporting (in coordination operations + finance team), and pre + post-event activities
- Provide administrative support, including answering inquiries, managing RSVPs, ordering materials, and creating name tags, schedules, and signage
- Make sure accessibility needs are met
- Schedule volunteer shifts and manage volunteers during the event
- Attend convening and manage on-site logistics such as room set up, A/V, and catering
- Ensure proper follow-up after the event, including gathering feedback and processing reimbursements and invoices (in coordination operations + finance team)
- Assess event outcomes and make recommendations for future events
- Ideal to have the following experience:
- 5+ years of event management experience
- Large event planning: Experience planning and executing large (100+ attendees), in-person events
- Project management: Strong project management skills and experience, including developing timelines, tracking tasks, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Vendor management: Knowledge of vendor management, such as researching potential vendors, negotiating contracts, and creating RFPs, to ensure the event runs smoothly and within budget (client’s operations team will support)
- Logistics Expertise: The ability to coordinate logistics such as transportation, catering, and venue management
- Administrative Support: Excellent administrative skills, including handling correspondence, managing schedules, and maintaining budgets
- Volunteer management: Experience recruiting, training, and managing volunteers to assist with the event
- Financial Management: Knowledge of budgeting, invoicing, and expense tracking (Client’s operations team will support)
- Communication: Excellent communication skills to manage relationships with vendors, suppliers, and attendees
- Attention to detail: Meticulous and thorough work-style, ensuring that all details are addressed
- Will be detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.