Company Name: PCMA
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
The Events Manager oversees and organizes events from conception to completion. This individual candidate possesses experience in live event production and management, is super detail-oriented, and is a proactive problem solver. This role requires someone who can understand and conceptualize an event plan from an initial, big picture vision down to every minute detail. The manager must possess excellent customer service and project management skills.
This role is part of a seasoned and highly regarded team of events professionals, The Events Manager, CEMA brings a positive attitude, common sense, and the ability to solve problems. They are a team player that can work independently.
- Event Planning and On-Site Management: Manage and provide support in coordinating pre-production, event execution and post-event follow-up for events.
- Research & Site Selection: Conduct site selection and site visits as needed, including hotels and independent activities. Participate in planning sites when necessary/required.
- Contract Negotiation: Negotiations skills are a must. Negotiate contract terms that are favorable with suppliers related to accommodations, meeting space, food and beverage, equipment, supplies and other elements
- Budget Management: Full budget accountability for each event; coordinate across all stakeholders involved to ensure all projected and actual costs are documented and budgets stay on track – including submitting payments, invoices, and expenses. Weekly updates on a portfolio of events, including revenue/expense against budget, past performance, and pace
- Registration: Lead registration process in conjunction with PCMA’s registration company. Collaborate across PCMA departments to ensure customer-facing registration site. Includes CEU Scanning and/or beacon technology, onsite registration coordination, website content, historical data management, and regular data management audits.
- F&B Event Orders: Work directly with venue on menu planning and guarantees
- Travel, Rooming Lists & Logistics Management: Coordinate heavy logistics including hotel arrangements, maintain rooming lists, and scheduling.
- Manage Technical Production: An educated knowledge of technical production (sound and lighting) is not necessary, but eagerness to learn is a must. Having worked side by side with an A/V company is important
- Maintain Strong Vendor/Contractor Relations: Create, manage, and maintain strong working relationships with frequently used contractors and venue managers.
- Post Event: Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports and reconciliations in a timely manner
You will bring with you to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree (in the hospitality field a plus)
- A minimum of 5 years in a similar position with experience in corporate technology industry
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles and practices of event planning and public relations, including event design, and production
- CMP certification a plus
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work within multiple web-based solutions, from registration to project management
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- A team player with positive outlook and strategic thinking capabilities required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and conflict-resolution skills
- Able to travel and work outside traditional office hours.
- Ability to learn new software applications with relative ease
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with the public
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Creative thinker and innovative spirit