Company Name: Berkadia
Location: Ambler, PA
Type: Full Time
The Event Manager will play an integral role on the Event Team within the Corporate Marketing department as we seek to innovate through an expansive strategic event program. The Event Manager will partner with internal clients and drive brand experience through creative development of a variety of events. The Event Management Team strengthens brand awareness through the delivery of consistent event experiences both company and industry wide. The individual must have the ability to think outside the box, with high style, standards and demonstrate a willingness to support all elements of the event, regardless of size, scope, or forum, through end-to-end program management.
- Design and develop strategic recommendations with Corporate Marketing and Event Hosts on event concept including goals, objectives, creative vision, budget, ROI and desired outcomes.
- Lead as project manager guiding and advising internal team members and colleagues, as well as external partners associated with event development and execution, including development of project timeline, audience profile, budget, content, registration, attendee experience, onsite logistics and collateral.
- Responsible for all aspects of program management including venue selections, site inspections, contract negotiations, hotel management, food & beverage, audio/visual needs, invitation materials, meeting agenda, promotional items, and attendee reimbursements.
- Develop communication timeline, cadence, and content for all events; sharing relevant details with those who need them, communicating in a timely, succinct manner.
- Coordinate all print and electronic materials for program, including but not limited to: invitation/registration, nametags, presentations, etc. for events.
- Manage all production elements including production schedules and timelines, venue research & management, travel & transportation management, premiums, on-site branding elements, menu, talent, and activities.
- Oversee development, design, and execution of events throughout all stages of planning: conduct venue and premium research, arrange site visits, submit creative briefs, assist with preparation for weekly meetings with partners, develop staffing plans for on-site support and post-event recaps.
- Responsible for all budget activity; pre-planning through event close out, maintaining accurate recordkeeping, ensuring timely payments to ensure all events are within approved budget.
- Developing and implementing plans and production schedules for events (security walk thru, transportation plan, creative & printed materials, etc.).
- Responsible for generating event timelines, meeting schedules, and to help manage clients through the project planning and approval process.
- Collaborate and communicate with cross functional teams to ensure brand alignment and successful outcomes (i.e. creative design, social, property marketing, content programming, production management, legal etc.).
- As it relates to industry events, coordinate Berkadia participation and presence in meetings, conferences and other events.
- Prepares reports, as required, for assignments including post-event summaries and ROI.
- Enthusiastic about travel, able to work evenings and weekends as required for events.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Minimum of five years prior experience in the events space.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required (Marketing, Communications or Business-related field of study preferred) – CMP preferred.
- Project management and event leadership required.
- Excels in fast-paced environment and rises to the occasion, maintaining calm under pressure and stressful situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and events simultaneously and work well when faced with deadlines, doing so with a positive, can-do, client centric attitude.
- Maintains a strong sense of urgency, knowing when to escalate at risk items and adjusting priorities to mitigate risks and delays.
- Results oriented, identifying what needs to be done and proactively initiates the steps to do so.
- Commits to results, maintains commitment, and conducts oneself with integrity, excellence and hospitality standards.
- Confident can-do attitude with a strong ability to be proactive to meet the needs of assigned groups are satisfied and any corrective actions are taken when needed.
- Actively participates in meetings and encourages others to do the same, sharing ideas and fostering a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Delivers presentations and communicates articulately and persuasively to all audiences.
- Exceptionally organized, focused, and detailed oriented.
- Able to interpret information from multiple sources to make decisions.
- Informed and remains update on industry information, competition, industry, market for events as well as commercial real estate industries.
- Maintains professional decorum, and when interacting with internal and externals clients and vendors.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.