Company Name: Wells Fargo
Location: Charlotte, NC | Dallas, TX | Minneapolis, MN | St Louis, MO
Type: Full Time
Wells Fargo is hiring an Events Management Specialist for the Wells Fargo Meetings and Events (WFME) team. This position will be responsible for planning, producing and successfully executing in-person events for Business Groups and Enterprise Functions.
In this role, you will:
- Plan, manage and execute on all logistical and aspects of major/enterprise level, multi-day meetings, conferences or events.
- As the subject matter expert, drives discussions with business partners on scope, providing guidance and recommendations on logistics, communication methodologies and contingency planning during the event lifecycle
- Collaborate with business partners on scope, providing guidance and recommendations on logistics, communication methodologies and contingency planning during the event lifecycle
- Partner with Sourcing & Contracting on vendor bids to match program needs and support on negotiating service needed to execute on programs
- Build and maintain knowledge of WF business line structure and processes
- Establishes and maintains ongoing vendor relationships to ensure they are cost-effective and deliver quality service.
- Fosters relationships with LOB liaisons and displays leadership skills in managing and executing meetings.
- Ensures alignment to the LOB strategy.
- Involved in planner industry forums and is actively involved and up-to-date on industry trends.
- Ensures adherence to compliance and privacy regulations and policies.
- Responsible for identifying and managing all inherent risks. May mentor and/or coach a small team and acts as the main liaison between one LOB.
- 2+ years of event management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of corporate meeting & event planning experience
- Onsite meeting planning and execution experience for events ranging from 50-250 attendees
- Knowledge and experience with contracting, negotiating and partnering with meeting and event vendors including productions, DMC’s, hotel and speakers
- Experience with CVENT or comparable event management tool
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, provide solutions to problems, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to manage confidential materials in a professional manner
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and professional etiquette under pressure
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with the continued changes within the businesses
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
401 South Tryon Street – Charlotte, NC
1445 Ross Avenue – Dallas, TX
550 S 4th Street – Minneapolis, MN
114 N Beaumont Street – St Louis, MO
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.