Company Name: Ellucian
Location: Reston, VA
Type: Full Time
Ellucian is looking for a hands-on, energetic and detailed-oriented director of events to help shape our industry events strategy, evolve the value and future of our corporate events portfolio, and mentor and collaborate with a team of dedicated events professionals. This individual will also be responsible for operationalizing events management, and will drive the development, documentation, socialization and implementation of a set of scalable, repeatable events best practices that ensure consistent project management and execution across the corporate events team. He or she will also be instrumental in helping bring to life Ellucian Live (ELive), the higher education industry’s largest global event with over 8000 attendees.
The ideal candidate for this role brings a passion for delivering high-value event experiences and a penchant for the project management and detail orientation that goes into creating those experiences.
- Develop and implement a set of events best practices that ensure consistent, efficient and exceptional events execution
- Prepare regular event updates to drive internal stakeholder engagement and alignment across both the marketing org and Ellucian as a whole
- Lead key cross functional events initiatives and steering committees, setting agenda, developing presentation materials, meeting pre-work, recaps, etc.
- Assist in the creation and management of team development
- Create and manage a centralized library of events calendars, bulletins, post event recaps and recommendations
- Prepare and lead regular reporting on team’s event metrics and performance
- Lead the scheduling of event team assignments and coverage
- In partnership with Procurement org, create RFP process for identifying, evaluating and benchmarking existing and potential vendors
- Contribute to event design, project timelines, stakeholder communications, logistics, budget, reporting, etc. for assigned industry conferences and events. Measure the business impact of events, conduct ROI analyses, prepare read-out and future recommendations
- Provide timely event communications and updates, interface with sales, partners and customers at events, etc.,
- Shape or enable content development where appropriate for assigned events
Lead or co-lead elements of Ellucian Live and related programs
The ideal candidates will possess or demonstrate the following:
- 8+ years direct experience plus demonstrated success with large scale corporate events, tradeshows and conferences required
- Experience leading key facets of large corporate events, including Registration, Housing, Transportation in concert with assigned 3rd party providers
- Demonstrable skills in strategic planning and execution of corporate events
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of the integration of marketing, brand and events strategy
- Aptitude for superior customer service to a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful; unafraid to take ownership of event experience
- Excellent collaboration ability and interpersonal skills essential. This position requires very strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Agile and flexible; ability to adapt to change, move quickly and collaborate across teams and roles to get things done in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Comfort with data and analytics to help drive decision making
- Travel up to 25% as required
- BA/BS required. CMP preferred
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.