Company Name: CORE
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
At CORE: we curate a global community of unlike-minded individuals united by their courage to defy definitions. Our members and Partners are relentlessly curious world builders, change makers, visionaries, leaders, and agents of transformation, who come from a range of thirteen distinct industries. As a community, we are committed to our collective performance, powered by dynamic engagement and exchange.
The Director of Events leads the Events team. The Director should be proficient in all aspects of the Event Manager position.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Direct leadership of the Events team. The Director of Events has responsibility of the Events Budget and P&L inclusive of the revenue forecasting, advertising, marketing, developing, and writing business plans, and ownership engagement. This position will also be directly involved in selling the club’s meeting and events spaces, in addition to directing the Events team.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring the club’s sales strategy to achieve and exceed forecasted revenue targets in Banquet Food and Beverage, AV and all other revenue-generating departments.
- Develop local events marketing materials and strategic revenue plan for the club. Ensure implementation and oversee execution.
- Interact with the operation team to ensure understanding of member needs and in creating a working relationship within all areas of the operation.
- Manage all areas of Events inclusive of creation and pricing of Banquet menus, identification, and implementation of sustainable practices in meeting and events, curating experiences members.
- Support and monitor sales performance of Event Managers.
- Manage administrative tasks.
- Provide ongoing training for partners in the department.
- Administer all areas of the Events Department, including but not limited to sales, planning, marketing, servicing and administrative procedures.
- Work closely with Chef on creating menus, and curating menu proposals as needed.
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience supervising an events team.
- Service-oriented attitude with professional presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and time management skills
- Strategic orientation with the know-how to problem solve under pressure
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Hardworking, passionate creator of member experiences, highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to take initiative.
- Must have open availability; able to work nights, weekends, and holidays when needed.