Company Name: Mars
Location: Henderson, NV
Type: Full Time
The Events Coordinator is responsible for organizing on-site and external events public-facing to grow the Ethel M. Chocolates business. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination and execution of all facets of the events. The role also requires sourcing leads and partnership with local businesses to market the Cactus Garden and Ethel M Chocolates products and experiences.
Key responsibilities include:
- Cold-calls and meeting with local business to contract event planning services.
- Lead role on on-site wedding program, marketing events, trade events, and on-site events.
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Meeting with clients to work out event details, plan with clients and their team, scout and book locations, food, entertainment, staff and cleanup.
- Prepare presentations and site inspections for prospective clients.
- Managing/ adding a preferred vendor list.
- Knowledge of the Ethel M facilities including cactus garden, factories, and venue spaces.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum two years experience with event management and/or hospitality experience
- Knowledge of the Las Vegas special events market
- Ability to secure vendors based on client’s needs
- Sales and/or CRM experience preferred
- Catering experience preferred
- Events coordination experience preferred
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Able to cold call and generate leads for events business
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and etc.; Utilization of computer programs to communicate, plan, budget, and organize events.
- Negotiation skills to develop contracts and pricing with clients and contractors.
- Communication skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Problem-solving skills and issue resolution
- Organization skills and prioritization
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.