Company Name: GE Aerospace
Location: Arkansas City, KS
Type: Full Time
Working directly for the Lean Site Leader, the Lean and Kaizen Events Coordinator will provide scheduling, logistical and administrative support for the Lean organization for all in-person events as well as coordination of visitors to our Strother Field site for these events.This position requires a collaborator who is willing to provide support for both scheduling and integration tasks that will help the site succeed. The Lean Events Coordinator will be exposed to a broad range of activities within this thriving and dynamic Lean organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide coordination, organizational, and logistical support for Lean events including but not limited to scheduling training, coordinating corporate events, travel arrangements, creating and distributing in-company communications, purchasing supplies, and swag.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate Kaizen and Lean training events, luncheons and other meetings and events including working directly with event vendors.
- Willingness to increase their knowledge of Lean tools commonly used on site. Examples include Value Stream Maps, SIPOC, 5S, Kaizen and problem-solving tools.
- Provide event project management support including creating and maintaining schedules and providing updates to site leadership.
- Provide event management platform support (GE+, Teams, etc.), update and upload event content, including team and individual employee photos, etc.
- Track actions with internal and external GE leaders and employees and other stakeholders to keep event timelines on track.
- Willingness to work off-shift hours when required to ensure that events are completed on time and on budget.
- Plan and implement in-office and Teams meetings, events and action list for Lean to ensure success for the site.
- High School degree required. Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in event or project coordination
- Experience creating and maintaining schedules for events or major projects.
- Experience in MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams and event management websites
- Knowledge of basic Lean tools and willingness to learn more in this role.
- Strong attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Time management skills and the ability to work under time pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer service mentality with a positive, “can-do” attitude
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.