Company Name: Calix
Type: Full Time
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating and delivering highly engaging event experiences that align to business and marketing objectives and who wants to leverage marketing technology to support customer and prospect engagement and opportunity progression. This person will look to leverage key channels such as social media and influencer programs to extend the experiential marketing into multiple channels such as digital, community, and partner or industry association activity. This person will have deep event management experience, a proven-track record in creating annual and quarterly event plans, excellent leadership skills, exceptional cross-functional and executive communication skills, experience building social and influencer event-surround programs, and is excited to roll-up their sleeves to support all aspects of event execution.
- Own the development of an event strategy and plan that supports Calix business objectives, optimizes the Calix event mix, and supports customer and prospect engagement and opportunity progression.
- Own the end-to-end planning, execution management of Calix signature events including Calix ConneXions. This will include running a management system that promotes visibility and collaboration across functions and manage agency relationships, develop KPIs and objectives and run the associated performance management system, drive communications with Calix executive team.
- Own event management system that ensures that events are aligned to Calix marketing objectives and campaigns, ensures forward looking view, assesses event effectiveness against KPIs, manages performance against those objectives
- Own planning and execution of assigned event programs of various size and effectiveness including recommending event plan (sponsorships, adjacent activities, etc), manage all event logistics and support, partnering with cross-function teams on agenda and content, and ensuring follow-up (partnering with campaign managers).
- Develop and manage global influencer marketing and experiential strategy in partnership with internal partners (Field Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Customer Success and Community)
- Champion implementation of event technology and integration with wider marketing automation systems
- Manage the marketing organization budget process, planning and investment strategy. Work with finance partners and across marketing team to ensure payments and accounting are executed according to quarterly and annual plan.
- Ensure skill and professional development of the Calix Marketing Events team
- Experience building event strategy, creating an event evaluation framework, and leading efforts for continuous improvement
- Proven track record of building integrated event programs that include building community around events.
- Proven track-record running management system, process for broad set of stakeholders
- Ability to deliver innovative event experiences that engage customers and prospects and align to business objectives
- Exceptional execution and logistics skills
- Experience leading user groups and conferences
- Demonstrated leadership skills and communication skills across functions and org levels
- Contracting, negotiations, and compliance experience
- Vendor sourcing and management
- Experience building and leading influencer programs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including executive updates
- Event reporting and analysis
- Team Orientation – Willingness and ability to work in close collaboration with others to reach goals, and subordinate personnel agendas and recognize team performance
- 10-15 years event management experience
- Experience with Cvent, Pardot and Saleforce a plus
- Bachelors Degree preferred