Company Name: IHS Markit
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
S&P Global is seeking an experienced Event Manager to manage client events at an Enterprise level. This is a full-time position. The position currently sits in the Enterprise Events team and reports directly into the Head of Enterprise Events.
- Strong project management of events including budgets, agendas, onsite execution, follow-up and final cost analysis, ensuring that all activity adds value at each stage of the client journey and reinforces S&P Global’s brand and sector expertise, and role-modelling world-class ways of working
- Co-ordinating with all areas of the Enterprise Marketing & Communications (EMC) team, as well as Event Managers within the S&P Global divisions, leveraging internal expertise to produce outstanding client experiences
- Management of event agencies, vendors and suppliers to ensure delivery at the highest standard, whilst achieving cost efficiencies where possible
- Strong knowledge of new, unique and cutting-edge event technology, and inclination/ability to make recommendations and explore new opportunities to present to the team
- Oversight of Health & Safety procedures related to Events activity and the team, as it applies to Covid risk mitigation as well as general onsite events health and safety
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders in the business to ensure event needs are fulfilled in a strategic manner; educating stakeholders, managing expectations and ensuring marketing expertise is utilized where required.
- Providing strategic input and new ideas, where required, on specific events across the business line
What We’re Looking For
- Significant experience working in events and marketing globally
- Multi-disciplinary international event management experience
- Experience of working within complex organizations and across time zones
- Previous experience of operating at senior levels
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects whilst remaining flexible and agile
- The ability to be location flexible as some travel will be required
- A proven events professional with experience working in multinational companies
- Comfortable with, and an advocate for, the ongoing change and evolution of all events
- Highly collaborative
- Solutions oriented
- An outstanding communicator with strong interpersonal abilities
- A confident and skilled negotiator
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and bonus.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://www.spglobal.com/en/careers/info-2022-us-benefits-guide.pdf
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $88,400. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.