Company Name: CDW
Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Type: Full Time
The Events and Experience team creates meaningful opportunities for people to connect, learn and grow. The team consists of experts who oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, leading, measuring and controlling program activities while delivering superior customer experience. This role collaborates cross-functionally with Sales, Integrated Technology Solutions, Coworker Services, Product & Partner Management, IT and Marketing in addition to external agencies, vendors, and partners.
This role focuses on providing full scope meeting, event, and tradeshow coordination. This candidate will be able to work both independently and in collaboration with others, and will remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient and have a project management focus. This role is customer, partner and executive facing, elevated levels of professionalism and communication are crucial to this role. The person in this position must utilize problem-solving and advanced written and verbal communication skills. Strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Working cross-functionally with users to ensure stakeholders are leveraging best practices to create best in class experience for customers, partners and coworkers
- Leading the planning process, deadlines, overall project management, registration updates, etc.
- Creates and communicates programs specifications
- Financial acumen with an understanding of budget management
- Negotiates and maintains contracts including deposits, attrition, guarantees, room blocks
- Management of marketing pieces including invitations, registration sites, signage and communications
- Partner management
- Data management
- On-site management
- Post conference activity (budget, survey, etc.)
- Assisting and organizing events according to assignment level
- Assist and manage various components of the event planning process/logistics including:
- Data management
- Communications support
- Attendee management
- Reconciliation and Billing
- Proof of performance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education And/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 year event planning and/or tradeshow planning experience.
- Proven project management experience driving initiatives from concept through completion.
- Ability to take initiative and creatively problem solve.
- History of financial responsibility, contract scoping/negotiation and budget management.
- Record of successful organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders.
- Instills trust with internal teams and departments by building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage challenging situations and offer valuable solutions.
- Ability to travel and work evenings/weekends – estimated 30% and varies during the year
- Accessible during acceptable working hours identified per project/program
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking
- Cvent or comparable event management platform.