Company Name: PCMA
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
The Events & Exhibits Manager is an innovative self-starter with excellent customer service, attention to detail and project management skills. This energetic professional takes the lead on the event design and exhibit management for Destinations International Showcase and is involved in all of the logistics required to run the tradeshow, meetings and other areas of production. As an event strategist, this position is responsible for working with the partnership and sales team to create activations at all PCMA events and provide logistical support at various events. Joining a seasoned and collaborative team of events professionals at PCMA, the new Events & Exhibits Manager brings a positive attitude, common sense and the ability to solve problems. S/he is a team player who also can work independently.
- Lead the exhibit management for the DI Showcase to include floor plan design, attendee engagement activities, exhibitor engagement activities, registration oversight, and overall customer service to the vendor partners and sales team.
- Work closely with the general service contractor, AV provider and the event facilities to execute a successful event.
- Oversee the registration process in conjunction with PCMA’s registration company and Event Manager. Requires collaboration internally across PCMA departments to build customer-facing registration site. Need to consider: CEU Scanning and/or beacon technology, onsite registration coordination, website content, and regular data management audits.
- Weekly updates for a portfolio of events, tracking revenue against budget, past performance and pace.
- Work with team members to coordinate logistics that may include Food/Beverage, Audio/Visual, Internet, Hotel Room Drops, Shipping, and Supplies.
- Oversee the Exhibits Inbox which includes both general PCMA and event specific questions.
- Post conference assistance includes but is not limited to; reconciliation and payment of invoices, generating post-conference reports, and budget tracking.
- Participate in planning visits and conference calls
- Represent PCMA in a professional manner with both internal and external clients, exhibiting audience-first values
- Assist with additional logistical planning as requested by the Head of the Department
- Contribute to a healthy and respectful workplace culture
This role is based in Chicago with 30% travel.
This exciting role will appeal to individuals who have an innovative mindset and subject matter expertise, who would be excited to join us at this critical point in our evolution.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please contact our People Team:
Gina Meier, Director Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will bring with you to this role
- Creative thinker and innovative spirit.
- Experience managing events of all sizes.
- Experience working under pressure; managing multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Great analytical skills, ability to exercise tact and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Comfort level working both independently and with a team.
- Great communication skills, internally and externally, both verbal and written.
- Excellent leadership, management and team development skills.
- Nimble; able to adapt quickly and with relative ease to new software applications, process change, etc.
- Flexible availability; this job will require some work and travel outside of traditional office hours.