Company Name: Facebook
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Type: Full Time
Facebook is looking for an Events and Communications Program Manager to support the Enterprise Engineering organization. This person will join the Communications & Community team and be responsible for developing and executing an internal communications strategy and producing high-quality events, and keeping the EE team informed and connected to the organization’s mission. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker that excels at working cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to deliver high-quality work even in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You are exceptionally organized and detail oriented, capable of managing numerous projects and work streams end-to-end, with a keen sense of prioritization. Strong writing and editing skills are essential. Experience in developing and executing communication plans, internal event production, and moderating internal communities is required.
- Support and execute communication initiatives in partnership with teams across Enterprise Engineering.
- Manage internal events production end-to-end, which includes creating narrative themes, developing executive messaging, and overseeing all event logistics.
- Provide event logistics support: Venue booking, speaker management, rehearsal coordination, meeting invites, etc.
- Draft and review internal announcements that support EE initiatives, communities and program rollouts.
- Craft technology-focused messaging around various topics for videos, profiles, presentations, blogs and case studies.
- Manage internal communication, which involves proactively working with content authors, moderating Workplace posts, and managing Workplace group membership.
- Manage ongoing engagement across Enterprise Engineering’s internal groups by reviewing and re-drafting posts.
- Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible and organized in a fast-paced environment are critical.
- 7+ years of work experience in journalism, speechwriting, or in internal/corporate communications in technology or similar space with a fast paced environment
- 5+ years of experience in Event management or production
- Proven experience writing, drafting, editing, and transforming complex information into relevant, engaging, timely, and valuable content
- Knowledge with coordinating virtual events and transitioning to a hybrid schedule of online/in-person events in the future
- 3+ years of experience communicating to an employee population of technologists and engineers
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Experience using judgement and analysis, providing practical, timely and proactive communication guidance and support
- Experience with and proficiency in assessing data reports for metrics, trends, and patterns for communications and event-related metrics
- Experience writing for a global audience and across multiple channels
- Experience working on a team and communicating to all levels of the organization
- Experience in internal/employee communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communication, Marketing or related field or equivalent
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.