Company Name: Amazon
Location: United States
Type: Full Time
Are you passionate about bringing people together and building inspiring, memorable experiences? We are seeking a high-judgment, detail-oriented, and results-driven event technology professional to help manage and support highly visible, large-scale events for Amazon selling partners across the globe. The Event Technology Manager will be part of the team that owns the strategy and execution for experiential Amazon seller events whether virtual, in-person, or hybrid, for a global audience.
In this role, you will manage the seller events internal technology programs including the oversight of planning, development, integration, and deployment of both internal and vendor technology solutions. You will join a team of subject matter experts on event technology services and product offerings, aligned to the strategic goals of the team and organization. As a thought leader in this industry, this will include current implementations, industry trends, and future innovations.
You will work closely with internal stakeholders and engineers to ensure a seamless, best-in-class technology experience, and provide stakeholders with thorough insights and analytics services. This position will innovate through data-driven observations leading to relevant, actionable recommendations, which improve event design and attendee experiences. As part of each deployment and on-boarding of new platforms, you will also manage the security reviews and approvals in conjunction with Amazon Information Security (InfoSec) teams.
The ideal candidate has proven experience in event technology management and data analytics, and can demonstrate success and leadership. They will contribute to strategy, goals, and identify the relevant event technology needs to achieve those goals, while overseeing a variety of partners to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality experience for event participants. To be successful in this role candidates need to be creative, solutions focused, and driven to deliver exceptional event experiences.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for project management of internal event technology projects, overseeing internal and external stakeholders to build seamless experiences
- Builds workback timelines across relevant event workstreams, identifying dependencies and defining key milestones
- Partners with technology vendors and event managers to build and implement a cohesive internal event management plan and ensures seamless implementation
- Anticipates roadblocks from other workstreams and actively works to avoid them
- Responsible for reporting on metrics related to technology and event attendance. Build and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event reports
- Plays an on-site event role, ensuring our 3P event tech partners have a single POC to work through any escalations, staffing issues, or customer service problems
- Manage and contribute to planning, production, and execution of content management system and onsite technology (lead retrieval and session scanning) for events that are virtual and/or in-person
- Creative direction and a high bar for quality of execution is required
- Continually test, measure, and evolve technology projects
- Work cross-functionally with event teams to identify, scale, produce, and execute event tech solutions
- Design and develop software and process templates, including but not limited to content management, lead retrieval, and session scanning
- 3+ years of program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 5+ years of functional experience working with event technology platforms and tools, including resource centers, call for topics (CFT), exhibitor technology, content management systems, website integration, registration solutions, APIs, and onsite event technology.
- Experience working with large volumes of data, combining and reconciling data from different sources with a proven ability to turn raw data into informative insights and recommendations.
- Demonstrated critical decision-making skills with the ability to influence senior leadership, while being an effective data interpreter for less analytical event managers.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Event technology experience covering the life-cycle of requirements gathering, evaluation, design, implementation, integration, development, deployment, training, and support.
- 3+ years of driving end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership experience
- 3+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Experience in complex problem solving, and working in a tight schedule environment
- Ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization with grace and efficiency.
- Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units.
- An excellent communicator who can make difficult tradeoffs and articulate recommendations to senior leaders.
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done.
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks with limited guidance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.