Company Name: IBM
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Event Strategist Main Responsibilities
- Implement the event marketing plan and manage the execution of the event plans as aligned to end-to-end campaign strategies to support business and revenue objectives.
- End-to-end event execution as part of a multi-touch, integrated path to proficiency, surrounded with associated digital activities to drive increased and deeper client engagement.
- As overall event lead, build a strong team of key stakeholders and work stream leads for each event, and manage and collaborate with key stakeholders and sales teams for event messaging, content, curriculum, sessions and speakers.
- Manage sponsorship, show floor expo and agency relationship(s)– ensure implementation and execution of end-to-end event strategy and plan with highest of standards and as per event brand experience guidelines, maximizing the return on marketing investment Manage and oversee vendor and agency execution. Responsible for budget management and audit readiness.
- Collaborate on building strong communication plans for internal and external audiences and ensure event specific response lead management plan is implemented
- Apply analytics and insights to better understand attendees, their behaviors & interests and improve engagement, driving the continual optimization of future events, strategies and plans.
- Adhere to corporate guidance around event marketing tools, process, metrics, reporting, optimization, experiences, community, education, best practices and agency relations
- Accountable to drive attendance and conversion of prospects through exceptional client centric experiences
- Success is tracked by the following Key Performance Indicators: event registrations, attendance, responses, lead management, revenue and ROI.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience in event marketing and event management
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional event marketing programs
- Experience working with broad groups of stakeholders including senior leadership
- Experience managing multiple projects and navigating competing priorities and goals
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.