Company Name: IBM
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
The Event Specialist is a key contributor on a team that creates world class event experiences. The Event Specialist will support events internal and external across the U.S. and Canada creating memorable and engaging client events. The Event Specialist will be expected to own and drive multiple portions of the event experience; he/she should be prepared to support changes to the agenda and balance multiple simultaneous events supporting execution of the entire program to meet business objectives. He/she should also feel comfortable managing multiple event tools, ensuring event process is implemented in related event tools, and monitoring event budget and maintains compliance, working with event leads on creative approach and key deliverables.
Responsibilities The Event Specialist will be expected to collaborate and drive deliverables for all key areas of event planning and execuciton, including the following specific categories.
Finance and Budget
· Submits purchase order requests and APU’s w/approved CFO and EPAT documentation via Buy@IBM
· Submits expense pre-approval (EPAT) requests (if applicable)
· Submits purchase order alterations for uplifts or lower commitment amount on existing purchase orders
· Works with Buyer to generate and/or expedite purchase order number to secure contracts
· Submits VAF (vendor authorization form) form to IBM Billing for hotel, invoice payments within the designated timeline
· Tracks budget expenses to include purchase orders and corporate meeting card spend (obtain receipts, invoices, scope of work and documentation for all expenses)
· Reconciles all spend by verifying goods/services received and invoice amounts against Purchase Orders and Corporate Meeting Cards (CMC)
· Tracks group travel expense reimbursements with American Express and Procurement
Event Sourcing and Production Support
Run site searches and gather RFPs in partnership with AMEX external vendor; partner with IBM internal groups to evaluate options based on event execution strategy and logistics requirements
Serve as a strategic partner to the Events core team by serving as a logistics SME; consult and advise on the strategic selection of
· Hotel and all associated services
· Offsite Reception
· Ground Transportation
· Furniture/Office Rentals
· Audio visual vendors
· Function space requests inc. hotel, IBM site and client experience/lab tours)
· Swag, giveaways, prizes
· Special needs (hotel, transportation, etc.)
· Provides administrative/clerical support per event requirements
Event Execution Support (Travel Required)
Provide event execution support to the Events Core; Responsible for owning the delivery and execution of the following:
- Event playbook
- IBMer event invitations- includes communication with senior level leadership and executives
- Client travel and logistics
- Event set up in partnership with hotels and meeting space vendors; Driving IBM TA and BU volunteers- PMing the entire event experience.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Preferred 2+ years of experience as an Events or TA Coordinator.
- Experience using company systems to manage projects, i.e. Buy@IBM, EPAT, Trello, Mimeo, Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Adobe
- Excellent organizational skills, timeline management, and ability to multi-task without missing deadlines.
- Able to juggle multiple time-sensitive projects at once
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in meetings, email and comfortable in formal discussions with executives
- Ability to learn and use new tools to collaborate and communicate more effectively.
- Comfortable in using metrics to assess ROI and performance.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% with increasing intensity in the fall season.