Company Name: Information Security Media Group (ISMG)
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
ISMG is an industry leader in information security and risk management news, education, research, and events. As a global organization we pride ourselves on producing worldwide up-to-date breaking news and top notch digital content tackling the many issues facing practitioners in the industry today, tomorrow and yesterday. Additionally, we provide our network with an excellent variety of digital education & training offerings as well as live in person events around the world.
The Speaker Recruitment Manager would be responsible for recruiting and maintaining strategic relationships with subject matter experts who would appear on ISMG’s sites and stages. This is a critical role when it comes to the recruitment and preparation of our speakers to ensure we provide maximum value to our attendees and make certain our speakers have the best possible experience working with ISMG. The Speaker Recruitment Manager is charged with leading efforts on keynote and case study recommendations, efficient speaker recruitment, effective speaker on-boarding, and keeping operational effectiveness.
- Prospecting for new speakers to appear at each of ISMG’s global Summits.
- Prospecting and scheduling speakers to appear in ISMG’s audio and video interviews.
- Assisting the global events team in speaker management and delegate recruitment.
- Develop an effective process and cultivate the team’s ability to make tactical speaker recommendations to ISMG management.
- Build strong partnerships with internal stakeholders who have relationships with potential speakers.
- Manage strategic relationships with select high-profile speakers.
- Recommend and support innovative attendee-to-speaker pre-event and onsite engagement opportunities.
- Explain processes and manage expectations internally and externally with prospective and participating speakers.
- Assist in strategically identifying new speakers and innovative session formats that align to our attendee’s interests and mission-critical priorities.
- Support the team in sharing constructive feedback with speakers about their performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- At least 5 years of events experience and 2+ years of speaker management/recruitment.
- Strong executive presence and ability to handle complex situations.
- Excellent verbal and people management skills.
- Must be solution oriented as well as an exceptional thinker and collaborator to help drive excellence and any needed changes.
- Experience managing multiple events at one time, and at various stages in the planning process.
- Ability to analyze data and provide insights to ensure we are maximizing our investments.
- Ability to interact with confidence and credibility and develop relationships with high-profile speakers, cybersecurity & technology corporate executives and internal associates.
- Demonstrate a passion for staying well-informed of current events in cybersecurity, technology, finance, government, healthcare and other business areas relative to our speakers and events.
- Proven track record of diplomacy and providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced media environment while staying organized, pro-active, efficient, and effective.