Company Name: Datacor, Inc.
Location: New Jersey, United States
Type: Full Time
Our marketing team is seeking an Event Services Manager to support a variety of experiential marketing initiatives, including in-person and digital meetings, user conferences, webinars, and internal events. You will also manage trade show scheduling and participation across all business units. The Event Services Manager will report to the Head of Marketing and collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, product management, human resources, and accounting.
General Events Planning Responsibilities:
- Lead and provide general oversight of all conferences, meetings, and other events (pre-planning, onsite execution, and post-event wrap up), as assigned by Head of Marketing.
- RFP (request for proposal) creation, monitoring, reporting and administration.
- Perform site searches, provide recommendations, and negotiate hotel contracts.
- Produce event specifications and manage vendors for all aspects of events including session planning, conference online registration, hotel reservation lists, food and beverage options, AV requirements, setup, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Assist in financial management including budget creation, as well as monitoring revenue and expense performance.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with various suppliers.
- Collaborate with the creative team on messaging, design and event experience; track and manage pre- and post-event engagement.
- Contribute effective ideas to strategic planning and analysis processes.
- Assume planning responsibilities for regional staff meetings in addition to conference planning.
- Manage tradeshow schedule across business units.
- Facilitate all strategic, logistical, and operational planning and management of booth asset allocation and placement, and sponsorship fulfillment as applicable. This includes but is not limited to booth registration, shipping logistics, attendee registration, etc.
- Collaborate with other marketing functions such as partner marketing, product marketing, customer advocacy, PR to drive successful customer engagement and market awareness.
- Lead pre- and post-event meetings to communicate and align on planning elements with relevant stakeholders (Marketing, Product Management, etc.) and debrief to incorporate learnings for future best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Hospitality, or a related field or relevant experience
- 1-2 years of experience in event planning
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification preferred