Company Name: Microsoft
Location: Redmond, WA
Type: Full Time
Working globally across segments, solution areas, and audiences, the Global Demand Center (GDC) is leading marketing transformation at Microsoft. In the GDC, we lead digital-first sales motions, customer engagement marketing at scale, campaigns to celebrate launches, events to strengthen customer connection and product understanding, plus relationship marketing designed to onboard, and deepen brand love. All the while we are building a rich understanding of the propensity of accounts to purchase, supporting sellers with signals for better account planning and opportunity generation. Using advanced analytics, marketing automation, and digital marketing, we are on a mission to drive market share, consumption, and consistent double-digit+ revenue growth.
Come be part of the Event Channel team within the GDC, a group that is focused on developing global event marketing programs to engage business leaders and technical audiences across our commercial portfolio: Azure, Security, Modern Work, and Business Applications. The team works in close partnership with our corporate marketing and field marketing teams to create standardized events enabled for scaled local market delivery.
We are hiring for an Event Program Marketing Manager to lead the creation and development of a standardized globally scaled program in our growing portfolio of standardized scale event offerings. The Event Program Marketing Manager will lead the program strategy, event design including attendee and content experience and number of offerings, drive end-to-end creation to deployment plan and timeline, optimize program during fiscal year based on feedback, land the program strategy with corporate and field teams and lead measurement and insights shared for the program.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Manage corporate created event program for field execution.
- Coordinate end-to-end program with stakeholders on prioritization, program design including blueprints, content, marketing bill of materials, operational build with localization and field landing.
- Create and manage the event program budget and overall timelines.
- Understand target audiences, monthly performance key metrics and competitive landscape.
- Monitor and track program results and trends across areas and identify what’s working and what’s not.
- Incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback to optimize program offerings.
- Generate insights and recommendations to Corp stakeholders for program enhancements for greater business impact.
- Represent program in field landing motions such as calls, GDC newsletters, playbooks.
- Extensive experience with cross-group collaboration, working across diverse stakeholders to build partnerships, define benchmarks and execute initiatives.
- Coordinate with marketing play leads, product marketing, and other teams to develop customer experience and post event journey.
- Build marketing execution guidance including demand generation and local speaker selection.
- Embody our culture and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 3+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations, or related work experience
- OR equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 5+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations
- OR Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 2+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations
- Experience with event production (digital and in-person), event programs creation, event marketing and delivery in software, cloud computing, or similar tech industries
- Ability to work across diverse teams with multiple stakeholders and manage multiple deadline-driven projects
- Experience working with or leading regional or field marketing teams
- Familiarity with event platforms for registration, demand generation and digital event delivery
- Understanding of event related KPIs, metric analytics, and the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.