Company Name: Google
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The Global Events Team is responsible for supporting, consulting, and delivering experiential events to Googlers and their customers so they may thrive through learning, collaboration, and social interaction. The team works with a variety of vendors to provide great service, impeccable AV production, and end-to-end event consultancy and support.
As the Event Production Manager for the Americas Region, you will oversee the management and ongoing development of the production-level event spaces, services, technologies, and multimedia/experience design programs across the region. You will represent the Global Events Team within design and development projects, providing strategic direction to internal and external partners for purpose-built events facilities and infrastructure. You will subsequently ensure the venues are activated and operated by services providers to exceed expectations of our presenters and attendees. You’ll collaborate at the program-level to drive innovation and incorporate emerging industry trends into spaces and processes to help continually enhance the end user experience.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work — from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Manage the production-level event spaces, services, technologies, and multimedia/experience design programs within the region.
- Represent events operations within projects to ensure team vision is clearly communicated, understood, and aligned, and collaborate on various operational and design strategies.
- Lead the development of standards and expectations for the ongoing operation and maintenance of event and multimedia technologies across the region.
- Ensure customer experiences and production values are maintained for a wide variety of events.
- Develop partnerships to ensure venues are fully operational and functioning.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in event and production technology management.
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role related to event services management.
- Ability to travel within the Americas region when necessary.
- Experience with broadcast video, live sound reinforcement, theatrical lighting, staging, multimedia design technologies, and control systems.
- Understanding of both current and emerging industry standards.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously, self motivate, and manage daily activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .