Company Name: Tech Data
Location: Charleston, SC
Type: Full Time
Do you have a passion for planning and managing events? We are looking for an Event Planner to join our team! This Event Planner role is responsible for managing local sales events happening both virtually and right here on our TD Synnex campus. This dynamic and engaging role occasionally hosts multi-night programs in the Greenville area. The Event Planner will manage purchasing of collateral, giveaways, catering, theming, prizes, etc. Our Americas Marketing Community is one of the best in the industry providing amazing events for our team and vendor partners. If you’re interested in working for a Fortune 100 company while providing exceptional customer service for our partners then apply today!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required :
- Qualifies sponsor/customers event requirements and drafts event budgets and proposals.
- Researches appropriate venue/supplier options and makes recommendations for events.
- Negotiates event supplier contracts.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility and accountability for event budgets to include: budget projection for proposal, budget management during planning process, review/payment of final invoices, and event fiscal reconciliation/documentation.
- Utilizes database and other tools to manage, track, forecast, close and report on events jobs.
- Uses customized planning documents.
- Coordinates all event communications (including registration) to attendees.
- Prepares post event reports for sponsor/customer.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Meets attendance & punctuality standards.
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Network effectively to build solid, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at the same time.
- Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Display a preference for interacting with people, being friendly, outgoing, articulate and socially at ease.
- Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure.
- Negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively.
- Knowledge and/or expertise in related area of responsibility.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to lift and move up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Required Education & Experience (Years & Type):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Position Discipline (Ex: Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations)
Preferred Education & Experience (Years & Type):
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience; CMP Certification preferred
- Current Affiliation in Professional Organizations
- Virtual and hybrid event experience
When you help us and join our team you’ll get :
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(k) plan and Employer Match
AND MUCH MORE!
Cultural Competency Requirements:
- Within Tech Data diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.
Tech Data is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.