Company Name: South Carolina Department of Agriculture (SCDA)
Location: Richland County, SC
Type: Full Time
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of South Carolina Department of Agriculture (SCDA) marketing and agribusiness events.
- Work closely with SCDA staff and contracted public relations firm to ensure event promotion and messaging reach targeted audiences.
- Plan and implement seasonal activities at the three (3) South Carolina State Farmers Markets.
- Plan and coordinate with other agencies and agricultural entities regarding SCDA participation in joint industry events.
- Assist contracted public relations firm in planning, coordination, execution, and evaluation of SCDA events.
- Develop a planning guide to be utilized for all functions.
- Provide guidance on event / meeting logistics to include behind the scenes assistance and post-event evaluations.
- Ensure event / meeting expenditures follow state government procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage all activities associated with the South Carolina Commissioner’s School of Agriculture, to include application review, fundraising, set-up, scheduling, chaperoning students, and overall event coordination.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Restaurant and Tourism Management, (HRTM), Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management (HRSM), Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management (PRTM), Marketing, or Business and three (3) years’ experience in the area of event planning and coordination.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook email and Outlook calendar.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Agricultural knowledge and or experience.
- High degree of professionalism is expected.
- Strong communication skills, verbally and written.
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage a wide variety of ongoing projects.
- Ability to walk and stand for periods of time, lift up to 25 lbs., and assemble and dismantle exhibits.
- Schedule required the ability to attend required meetings and events held after regular business hours including overnight and periodic weekend work.
- Ability to walk through and observe various event venues and sites.