Company Name: SingularityNET
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
We are seeking for an Event Manager to help SingularityNET grow its presence by our executives speaking at and attending events, with the goal of increasing brand awareness about SingularityNET and our projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work in one of the world’s most important and fastest-growing industries, as well as with a fantastic global team. Please keep in mind that SingularityNET is a completely remote team.
The Event Planner is responsible for organizing, monitoring and keeping the plans, milestones and PR deliveries of all decentralized, independent projects up to date and integrated into a global roadmap. The projects will be very diverse and span all lifecycle phases from initiation to delivery. You will help the teams to plan their events wherever they may be set to occur. You must be well-versed in the event scenario, and willing to travel as required.
You will support the members of our team with their resource requests, accomodation, travel, and keep track of the proceedings thereof. Your global overview will enable you to signal risks early, prioritize requests, and inform and advise the management on possible actions to take before planning any event on behalf of the organization. You will be working with globally distributed teams and departments including Marketing, Operations, Finance, Engineering and Central Management.
To fulfill this job successfully, a strong event planning background is important, with working knowledge of at least some of these domains: Robotics, AI, crypto and blockchain, as well as a successful track record of event management in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment. You must have a service-oriented personality, and you are looking forward to working with a diverse set of experts and stakeholders across global time zones. You must also be an expert at localisation.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Determine the most appropriate events for SingularityNET to speak at and/or attend (based upon what we do and who we are trying to reach).
- Negotiate sponsorship and speaking opportunities, as well as manage event logistics (branded presence, marketing collateral, shipping, etc.).
- Organizing six SingularityNET-sponsored small events per year, as well as 1-2 larger events.
- Ensuring that SingularityNET’s own events and those it sponsors convey a high-touch image consistent with what our communities expect, while remaining financially responsible.
- Assist SingularityNET with event and conference strategy.
- Contribute to the creation of developer conferences and hackathons.
- Assist in the creation of online seminars, events, and panels
Public Relations (PR):
- You will plan, implement and manage public relations programs needed to carry out each event successfully
- Plan and budget for PR events, programs and initiatives
- Help in designing and reviewing a variety of promotional and marketing materials
- Design and review the content in media announcements and media kits
- Monitor event branding frequently and ensure it is in compliance with company brand
- Check and manage content produced for website and social media channels with respect to the upcoming event/(s), so as to ensure accuracy.
- Determine KPIs for PR
- Measure and provide reports on each PR campaign
- Following training or doing self-study to strengthen skills.
- Develop and execute creative campaigns for each event
- Identify and build relationships with prominent leaders and businesses
- Develop content ideas and write and curate content
- Research relevant industry experts, competitors, target audience and locations.
- Brainstorm new, creative approaches to event campaigns
- Keep abreast of emerging trends, technologies and dignitaries.
- Manage the global roadmap of events and initiatives within SingularityNET
- Keep track of project statuses, and resource requests and their proceedings
- Oversee all aspects of travel
- Work with the experts in key areas of financial, marketing, legal, IT and blockchain – identifying gaps and advising the teams on actions and priorities
- Organize efficient and effective meetings and events with speakers and team members.
- To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience managing branded events
- Availability to travel
- Strong preference for experience securing sponsorship for/speaking at other people’s events, as well as negotiating the best speaking positions and terms.
- Experience with major private market events and digital assets is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Work ethic and a sense of ownership
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/International Relations(or equivalent)
- A proven track record with 5-10 years experience in physical as well virtual Event Planning
- Good knowledge of (some of) these technology domains; AI; robotics; blockchain; crypto
- Experience with working in a fast-paced, complex, distributed environment, preferably a startup or scale-up organization
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to plan events internationally
- Broad technical knowledge and eagerness to keep developing yourself and learn about the ins and outs of all the projects SingularityNET is undertaking
- Knowledge of localisation and globalisation
- High level of accuracy and excellent international relations, event planning and presentation skills
- Great communication skills
- Proficient in English, written and spoken
- Flexibility in working hours, ability to work under pressure and adjust quickly to changing goals and timelines
- Willing to travel
What you need to succeed:
- You are super on detail and well-organized
- You are execution oriented
- You take satisfaction in a job well done
What you will get in return:
- Being part of one of the greatest AI and blockchain teams in the world that aims to create beneficial Artificial General Intelligence for the good of humanity
- Working on multiple projects that each have the potential to change the world in domains like health, finance, media, and computing
- A lot of freedom and responsibility in organizing your work hours and location
- Opportunities to advance your career in many potential directions
- Salary and benefits in line with your experience and location