Company Name: OAC
Location: Seattle; Spokane; Olympia; Silicon Valley
Type: Full Time
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means that we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, then you’ll find a home with us!
Who You Are
Do you enjoy creating memorable events? Do you have a passion for event planning? If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from YOU! We are looking for an Event Planner to join our marking team and manage all aspects of the event planning process. The ideal candidate will be committed to providing outstanding customer service and organizing events that are of the highest quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all OAC events including (but not limited to!) tradeshows, quarterly all-hands meetings, thought leadership events, internal trainings, large client meetings, lunch and learns, and more.
• Manage all aspects of the event planning process, including ordering supplies, swag, and any collateral needed, collaborating with vendors/subcontractors, researching and identifying venues, selecting menus, designing and printing of materials, creating and adhering to budgets, setting up and tearing down of events, coordinating with building and property management, etc.
• Create and distribute internal and external communications about event details.
• Identify potential opportunities for thought leadership events and create campaigns to capitalize on those opportunities.
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure events fit within OAC’s strategic marketing goals, both internally and externally.
• Attend and act as the main point of contact for all major events.
• Lead / attend site visits to review events needs and specifications.
• Negotiate contracts as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Hospitality, or Event Planning or equivalent work experience
• 3+ year’s event planning experience
• Ability to think strategically about events and their purpose
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to self-manage
• Strong sense of customer-service