Company Name: McKesson
Location: Tennessee, USA
Type: Full Time
We’re looking for an experienced and energetic Event Planner to join a very busy high performing team. This is a dynamic opportunity for a seasoned professional with a proven history of success in executing customer facing trade show and event-marketing programs. This position is hands-on in the day-to-day execution of all aspects of trade show planning, budgeting, execution and vendor management. This individual will act as project manager, overseeing multiple deliverables and ensuring that internal and external team members are on track and on task.
- Coordinate and oversee specific phases of a wide scope of event-related tasks – including general session production, exhibit design/functional layout, logistics such as registration and rooming list management, budget management. Event management with specific execution of deliverables consisting of program collateral, signage, promotional items and internal communications.
- Manage multiple complex timetables successfully in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, tracking progress against plans to identify/track open issues and drive resolutions, and communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with internal creative to develop and execute messaging and the overall look and feel of the exhibit within brand guidelines.
- Manage external vendors that supplement our resources for events and exhibits.
- This position may require travel typically not more than once per month as needed.
- 5+ years experience executing and managing trade shows and events.
- A polished professional with strong organizational and communication skills (both written and oral) coordinating with various nationwide internal and external teams.
- Exceptional project/program management and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter with superior organizational skills and attention to detail with strong follow-through and execution skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must thrive on teamwork, problem solving and overcoming obstacles.
- Proficient or competent in Microsoft Excel.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities.