Company Name: Milestone Technologies, Inc.
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Type: Full Time
The Event Planner Lead role is charged with leading their assigned regional event planning team to ensure all security deliverables are met with an exceptional level of customer service for all events (whether at onsite or external venues). This role requires strong operational, strategic and interpersonal skills. Individuals will interface with employees and support and manage all event security operations for in-person and virtual events. This role will be required to work collaboratively with key regional stakeholders, external agencies, other Global Security teams and various departments across multiple teams within and outside of the client.
The role carries a significant amount of responsibility and requires a strong stakeholder with extensive security, events and customer service experience. They are responsible for the delivery and review of all aspects of event security planning (including security risk assessments), plus deciding physical guarding staff levels and arranging staff deployment at events. They provide critical feedback to management of the end-to-end events process whilst aligning with global procedures at client.
How you will make an impact:
- Serve as the main point of contact and leadership decision maker for assigned region.
- Oversee event support on the ground where required, including travel when needed.
- Function as primary liaison between Milestone and the Client for all personnel and financial concerns or issues and ensure all service requirement needs are met and exceeded
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to facilitate events both nationally and internationally. Build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including where necessary local law enforcement personnel, emergency medical services, business representatives and other government agencies to maintain security, service delivery and operational excellence.
- Organize and lead staff meetings, cross functional team meetings, and special events
- Ensure event security compliance with relevant local legislation and client standards performance reviews, timecard approvals, disciplinary actions (PIP, terminations), etc.
- Works closely with clients in obtaining feedback for employee reviews.
- Acts as Project Manager, ensuring all employees are meeting deadlines and goals, meeting with them on a regular basis to track progress and assist/escalate when needed.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate emerging risks and/or upcoming internal and external events that may impact the people, assets and reputation of the client.
- Conduct resource, capacity planning, financial forecasting, modeling, and other supporting documentation to assess and recommend for Client consideration, collaborating directly with Account Manager and Client on all aspects.
- Review event security plans (including staffing and deployment) based on requirements with a view of minimizing threat, managing vulnerability and mitigating risk to the business.
- Is up to date and aware of all clauses on SOW drafted between Account Manager and Client Manager to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Establish and oversee a Service Level Management function through preparation and Client presentation of monthly service reviews, quarterly business reviews and formalized SLA reporting (with underpinning KPI’s and Operational Metrics) and review at established intervals.
- Report security incidents immediately in a concise and appropriate manner.
- Conduct Service Level Review meetings with the Client on a regular cadence. Monitor adherence to established SLA’s, SLO’s and KPI’s and operational metrics. Baseline, recommend and negotiate changes when appropriate to underpin the SOW and optimize the Security Events service deliverables and overall customer experience.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
- A minimum 5 years of experience in event planning, event security management or a similar level of responsibility in the security industry
- A minimum 2 years of experience in an Operations Management, Customer Service Management, Program Management, or similar/relevant role is required
- Excellent organizational skills while working on several projects at once
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail and quality (effective in both 1:1 and large group situations)
- Action oriented with a passion for getting things done efficiently and effectively, with ability to interact and influence at various professional levels across diverse cultures
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances.
- Excellent IT skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office and Google programs confidently.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts including guests management, employees, and outside vendors
- Professional appearance and demeanor