Company Name: Keesler Federal Credit Union
Location: Biloxi, MS
Type: Full Time
Plans and controls all aspects of credit union events, both for the community and for our employees. May also coordinate credit union’s efforts in community events for which the credit union may be a sponsor. May help identify and coordinate credit union volunteers to participate in event efforts. Effectively applies project management methodology in planning and managing an event to include defining requirements and logistics, securing vendors, communicating status, and managing to a budget and schedule. Works closely with Event Sponsors to ensure event goals are met. Responsible for managing timelines and ensuring issues are escalated appropriately. Communicates frequently with the Director of Project Management and coordinates closely with key internal resources (e.g., Community Development Officers, Marketing, Human Resources) during event planning.
- Manages the initiating, planning, executing and closing efforts of multiple, large credit union events and sponsorship projects.
- Supervises the day-to-day aspects of assigned events with regards to scope, schedule, quality, budget and resources.
- Executes required project management documentation for all events, including (but not limited to): event charter, scope, schedule, requirements, status reports and phase reviews.
- Obtains appropriate level of stakeholder approval for all events.
- Ensures events are completed within budget and on schedule.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Effectively communicates event status and relevant information to the event team, Director of Project Management and Event Sponsors.
- Identifies resources needed (e.g., internal volunteers, vendors) and gains acceptance to build event teams.
- Coordinates the efforts of the functional departments and with external vendors as required to support the events.
- Coordinates internal and external public relations activities related to events while working closely with Marketing to maximize expose though the website, social media and press releases.
- Works with Marketing resources to develop direct mail, targeted e-Blasts and other event promotional materials.
- Determines each event’s technical requirements (e.g., audio/visual equipment) through planning with IT team members and external vendors, if applicable.
- Ensures all supplies and equipment needed for each event are planned for, purchased and received on time.
- Ensures event teams are progressing toward key dates, and deliverables are being met according to the event plan and within the established timeline.
- Anticipates potential schedule or priority delays and initiates contingency plans.
- Uses formal change management and change request procedures to handle variances from the event plan.
- Facilitates meetings and provides timely documentation to the event team.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for process improvements to the Director of Project Management.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Utilizes The Member Advantage AIDINC system to identify potential member (internal or external) service needs which can be met through the sale of credit union products and services, or adherence to the department’s policy and procedures.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other duties and provides assistance in other areas as needed.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: A college degree in communications, public relations, marketing or related field preferred; a college degree in Hospitality Management strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- One to three years of similar or related experience planning, coordinating and managing corporate events.
- Experience working in the financial services industry preferred; additional preference for prior experience in a credit union.
- Must be highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks and events concurrently.
- Must be willing to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Must be willing to attend credit union and sponsored events.
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to problems and work well within a team environment.
- Must be able to negotiate with and hold accountable multiple vendors for each event.
- Must demonstrate excellent collaboration, influence, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work well and remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to perform all functions independently with minimal supervision in a reasonable amount of time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and comprehensive auto insurance including liability coverage.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required for this position, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts are important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Comprehensive experience with office productivity software.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other event planning software preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS: Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) or Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) preferred, or must possess the ability and motivation to obtain certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The individual is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Extensive use of computer and phone is required. The noise level is that of a normal office environment.
DECLARATION: The Human Resources Department retains the sole rights and discretion to make changes to this job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities