Company Name: IEEE
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Type: Full Time
The overall purpose of this position is to provide a Best-in-Class quality of service to all clients supported by IEEE MCE’s event management services team MCE-EMS through professional timely communication and meeting and event management. This position serves as subject matter expert on all aspects of event, meeting, and conference planning, and on IEEE policy and procedures as they apply to conferences, events, and the corporate meetings of the organization. The incumbent in this position advises on cost containment, best practices surrounding events, recommendations on venues, room set-up, equipment and other areas, to best serve the objectives of the event, enabling clients to focus on the content delivery, rather than the logistical/project management aspects of the event. He/She partners with the clients as the subject matter expert and project manager to facilitate the execution of IEEE conferences, events, and corporate meetings. They assist the IEEE Professional Core and Volunteers in process management to ensure efficient procedures and offer continual improvement to existing process for the optimization of operational excellence.
Event Planners are expected to have consistent communication with management on developments, problems, and status of projects; and support team members to establish a consistent level of quality, accuracy and compliance to departmental and industry standards. The role typically reports to the Sr. Manager, MCE Event Management Services (MCE-EMS) and has no direct reports.
include but are not limited to:
Event Management – 85%
- Concurrent serves as project lead and/or team member in support of multiple events ranging in size from 10 – 15,000 attendees with budgeting of up to $1,000,000 or higher, as assigned. Events assigned may include complex events, international events and high-profile/first time clients within the MCE portfolio.
- Serves as the Account/Portfolio Manager and primary point of contact between the clients and MCE-EMS. This position will provide customer support, technical support, strategic planning and optimization for the client account, as well as developing and maintaining a relationship with the clients.
- Manages, organizes, and executes all logistical aspects of assigned events and projects, within budget plans and/or guidelines (F&B, Setup, AV, Exhibits, Special events, Companion programs, shipping, etc.)
- Prepares time-lines, status reports, cost analysis, and other reports as requested
- Event Sourcing, and vendor selection including research, analysis, recommendations and contract negotiation utilizing SMM tools
- Works with venue staff and all vendors to ensure that event is executed seamlessly
- Creates and manages tools to facilitate communication of the event in electronic format as well as print copy (website development, email alias, announcements, etc.)
- Manages venue/supplier finances, including credit filing, and billing reconciliation
- Manages multiple events simultaneously and accommodate the individual needs of committees, volunteers, IEEE professional core and other attendees as requested
- Supports and facilitates Community Building efforts for assigned events
- Manages, organizes, and executes all logistical aspects of exhibits management (prospectus development, booth assignment, vendor management, etc.)
- Prioritizes the importance of both IEEE professional core and volunteer requests
- Manages and schedules employees, vendors and other subcontractors
- Provides onsite management for meetings, conferences, and/or other events
Registration and Housing Management – 10%
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of registration database and other tools utilized in support of the business
- Creates and maintains online (web-based) registration and housing forms; and attendee communications
- Coordinates room block management
- Reports ongoing registration statistics to clients
Special projects/initiatives as assigned – 5%