Company Name: TD SYNNEX
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Type: Full Time
This Event Planner role is responsible for planning and executing all aspects of a variety of corporate events, from small meetings to large conferences. You will work closely with event stakeholders, vendors, and attendees to ensure that each event meets the objectives and expectations of our organization and partners. You will manage event budgets, contracts, logistics, communications, and reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with event stakeholders to develop event requirements and draft event budgets and proposals
- Research and recommend appropriate venue/supplier options for events
- Negotiate event supplier contracts and ensure compliance with TD SYNNEX policies and procedures
- Assumes responsibility for event budgets to include budget projections, management, tracking during planning process and final reconciliations
- Develop event agendas, coordinate meeting logistics and contract audio visual and other 3rd party production suppliers for execution
- Coordinates all event communications (including registration) to attendees, and ensure accessibility and inclusivity
- Utilizes database and other tools to manage, track, forecast, close and report on attendee tracking
- Additional duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Industry certification preferred (CMP, CMM, CTSM, etc.)
- Current Affiliation in Professional Organizations Software proficiency in: Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Cvent, Marketo or other Registration and Virtual Event Platforms
- Knowledge of the IT Channel a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion
- Knowledge of basic accounting and budget management, projections, and reconciliations
- Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency
- Must analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion
- Network effectively to build solid, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at the same time
- Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively
- Knowledge and/or expertise in related areas of responsibility
- Physical requirements: able to lift and move up to 20 lbs; able to be on your feet for long days onsite at events
- Travel & Schedule flexibility: able to travel and work outside of typical “9 to 5” work hours as dictated by event projects
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- College Degree in: Hospitality, Marketing or related fields preferred
What’s In It For You?
- Elective Benefits: Our programs are tailored to your country to best accommodate your lifestyle.
- Grow Your Career: Accelerate your path to success (and keep up with the future) with formal programs on leadership and professional development, and many more on-demand courses.
- Elevate Your Personal Well-Being: Boost your financial, physical, and mental well-being through seminars, events, and our global Life Empowerment Assistance Program.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: It’s not just a phrase to us; valuing every voice is how we succeed. Join us in celebrating our global diversity through inclusive education, meaningful peer-to-peer conversations, and equitable growth and development opportunities.
- Make the Most of our Global Organization: Network with other new co-workers within your first 30 days through our onboarding program.
- Connect with Your Community: Participate in internal, peer-led inclusive communities and activities, including business resource groups, local volunteering events, and more environmental and social initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a team that represents and empowers a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.