Company Name: Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
This position will offer workplace flexibility e.g. working remotely or on site as needed/ desired during the week. Employees can expect to be in the office weekly as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance. The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person a couple days a week.
Your role as an Event Planner:
- Participate in the tactical execution of events focused on consultative services with each client giving personalized attention; guidance for each event
- Assistance with selecting appropriate meeting, conference or special event spaces
- Reservations for executive dining and for event spaces
- Consult and advise customers on event best practices
- Work with customers on Discretionary per capita limits and reporting requirements
- Coordinating Bank Support Services: (e.g. AV, food services, facilitating room set up, travel, hotel accommodations) per capita limits and reporting requirements.
- Event Budgeting and Compliance Review
- Event Registration Services
- Negotiating with third party vendors
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience in either conference services or corporate event management working with catering services, menu planning and client consultation
- Undergraduate degree in hospitality management, marketing, communications, business or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with the Event Management System and Cvent registration tool used to manage registration and event logistics
- Experience developing budgets
Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Adobe Professional and Photoshop, desirable.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and receive a booster shot within 30 days of being eligible to do so, unless the Bank grants an exemption based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.